*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1430712-My-Grandfather
by Layla
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1430712
Ever noticed how some old people tend to digress?
I'm going to tell you a story about my dear grandfather. When he was around 5 years old, he was on his way to the playground with his friend Joey. Joey came from a family of twelve, and being the eldest, found it difficult to share things. On Joey's 4th birthday, he was forced to share his birthday cake, which was made of chocolate, which happened to be his favourite. This proved to be a very traumatic time in his life, almost as traumatic as the time when he fell over in the playground and took a chunk out of his knee. This was the first time that he ever had to go to hospital, and his mother who was a zoo vet, had been working for 12 hours that day and so was very tired when she had to operate on the rhino the following morning. The rhino had an unfortunate brain tumour and died at around 6 o'clock in the evening, leaving its offspring in Africa, orphaned. Speaking of orphanages, the one down the road burnt down yesterday; no one was hurt as everyone was on a trip to the nut factory where they happened to see a production of "The Nutcracker." After that production, Andrew Lloyd Webber was heard to be exclaiming in a loud voice, whilst standing on a rock, that if anybody should like to guard a corpse for the night then they shall receive a large reward: which leads me to my grandmother.
© Copyright 2008 Layla (sophiecottrill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1430712-My-Grandfather