*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1431634-Where-Will-We-Go
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Animal · #1431634
It's about a pack of wolves that live in the woods. This is just the begining of it.
          Wind whipped through the trees, rustling the leaves. The trees crashed together in the wind, threatening to fall. Down below wolves huddled together to stay warm. "We need to find warmer territory, Whitestar" a dark grey wolf said. "No we don't. We just need to make dens out of the bushes around here" a white wolf, Whitestar, said. "We better do it soon" the grey wolf muttered. "Stop complaining Jay. None of us want to hear it" a white wolf with yellow eyes growled. "Well excuse me, Kiba for being cold" Jay growled. "Hush, both of you. Get to sleep. We'll work on a better shelter in the morning" Whitestar said.
          Jay woke the next day to find Wildfire, a black wolf with red eyes, and Trinity, a white wolf with blue eyes, making dens. Jay got up and stretched then sniffed the air. "Deer?" he asked, looking towards the other two. "It must be Kiba and Crystal. They went out to hunt earlier" Trinity said. "Eat up" Crystal said as they dropped the deer in the clearing. "Hunters eat first" Kiba growled lowly and began to eat. Jay ignored thw white wolf and ate as well. "It's delicious" he said. "Save some for us Jay" Trinity said jokingly. "First come, first serve" Jay said simply. In seconds the other wolves were eating to. It had been a while since they had eaten. The humans were hunting more, and that made it harder for the wolves to survive.
          Kiba sat by and watched as Wildfire and Jay battle trained. Jay leaped forward, but Wildfire dodged and knocked Jay to the ground. "You need to be faster. If this was a real battle you'd be dead" Kiba said. "If you're so good, you do it" Jay growled as he got up. "Fine by me" Kiba said, taking Jay's place. Wildfire crouched down, leaping away as Kiba attacked. He turned to attack the white wolf, but he was to slow. Kiba pinned him. "That's how you do it" Kiba said, looking over at Jay. "That was sooo amazing" Jay said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "You guys are reacting to slow. You stop after every leap. You can't do that. Once you leap, leap agan so your opponent can't hit you" Kiba said and stepped away from Wildfire. "Jay, come try again. And remember, Wildfire is the fastest wolf in the pack. You'll have to be quick on your paws if you want to beat him." Kiba traded places with Jay and sat down. "Hello Jasmine" he said softly as a white wolf walked up. "Hello Kiba. Training again?" Jasmine asked as she sat next to him. "I need to train them as often as I can" Kiba said. "Sounds like Wildfire's winning" Jasmine said thoughtfully. "How can you tell?" Kiba asked. "Wildfire's faster. Because of that his footfalls are lighter. I can hear his and Jay's footfalls and determine who's winning" Jasmine explained. Kiba was surprised that a blind wolf could determine who was winning a fight. He was impressed. "Kiba, come patrol with me" Trinity called. "Go, I'll monitor these two" Jasmine said when she sensed Kiba's hesitation. Kiba said a quick thank you then ran off with Trinity.
© Copyright 2008 Crystal Harris (animallover21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1431634-Where-Will-We-Go