*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1432464-Blood-By-The-Hour
by Rewe
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1432464
A day in the life of a vampire. Or so you think.
                                                Blood by the Hour
(Note: This story is told in a video-diary format, so these are the words that would be heard)
7:30 AM
  "The alarm went off with its normal buzz and soon cut to music, and then the TV turned on, right on time for the morning news. I reached over to the nightstand and hunted around until I found the snooze. Five more minutes I thought to myself, but relented with the fact that I NEEDED this job.
  Slowly, I crawled out of bed. Getting up this early was going to take some getting used to. But I managed. I made my way to the bathroom, got ready, presentable almost. I had just finished my "breakfast", when I realized what time it was."

8:45 AM
    "So the morning routine took longer than I thought. And the commute was a horror story. Three accidents in one mile, and it wasn't nearly as overcast as they reported, so I had to use extra sunscreen. Good thing all those myths aren't true, or I'd be dead by now. I almost got out to walk at one point, but thought better of it. If I can speed, oh say at about 200 mph, I may make it to work on time."

9:46 AM
      "Finally made it. Only about 46 minutes late. Luckily, the boss understood getting here at the same time. I may like the job. Everything's so shiny, and we can't lose the pens, they're chained to the desks."

10:27 AM
    "This job sucks. Not even an hour into it, and I know it sucks. Oh, by the way, I work at a bank. Not the kind I like, but it was a job. Not only that, but all I can do is file stupid paperwork, and do menial jobs around the place."

11:32 AM
    "Well, lunch break finally came around. I may have to quit this job already. I can't even leave to go eat. I guess it's for the better, you know with the crime rate where it is and all. And we only get half-an-hour. So far, I've cleaned the floor three times, and I think that the tellers have given me the same paperwork to file every twenty minutes. Oh well, I'll work on and see if it gets better."

12:56 PM
    "I snapped at my boss. I can't do this. I almost broke in, and did it. I can't take this job. It's so boring and menial. There's no fun. Right now, I don't care about money anymore. It's not like I need it to live, or un-live. I might just go back to my roots until I'm found out, you know and have a little fun."

1:23 PM
    "Okay, so I'm trying to keep the job now. As much fun as fun is, I need the money. But if I have to quit I will."



2:41 PM
    "I quit that stupid job. I couldn't take the boredom. And I think that the boss ate a whole thing of garlic. Gag! I wished that he knew I'm allergic to that crap. Plus, some customer got all scared. Then again, I kinda freaked him out.
    No one was around, and this guy walked in. Well, it wasn't a guy so much as a gorilla. But anyways, I went up to the teller window to see what the heck he wanted. He wanted to deposit some money. Only it was in change. And not in large change like quarters, but it was all in pennies. So, I freaked him out so he wouldn't bore me to death. I flashed my teeth, leaned up to him and said "I vant to suck vore blood!" in my best Dracula voice. That didn't go over well for him. He ran screaming. Luckily, no one heard. Who staffs this place anyways? Plus, I got paid for what little I had done. Only, it was in about a million pennies."

3:13 PM
    "I grabbed a bite to eat, not being able to eat at lunch. Some homeless dude. And the best part, I got some more money out of it. I think I will go to a traditional lifestyle. Its kinda fun, and I might find, a respectable, young honey to make my countess. Ha, countess. I need to stay away from old Dracula remakes for a while."

5:29 PM
      "My stupid landlord kicked me out of my building. Dang. Penniless and no place to live. Well, not penniless at least. I at least got a week to move my stuff out. The coffin kinda freaked the dude out when I took it down and stuffed it in my car, I made sure to take that first. And the best part was that I'm not even mad. This has loosened my last ties to society. I'm a free monster now. I hope them CSI guys get ready for me though. This is gonna be fun."

6:23 PM
      "Okay, I need some practice. I landed myself in jail. Luckily, I was only accused of theft. Whoopdee-doo. This place can't hold me. I'll be out in no time. I think. If I can figure out how to turn into mist or something."

8:12 PM
      "Still in jail. Luckily, the charges are going to be dropped, I guess I went for a nice guy. If I see him again, I'll make sure he goes fast. They're going to release me soon it sounds like. Then the real fun will begin. That is if the stupid police (not a view of the actual author) don't show up again."

9:20 PM
      "Here we go. I begin my life as a free vampire. I'm gonna have fun tonight."

10:39 PM
      "I think I hit the wrong building. They're onto me. I think there might be vampire hunters here or something."


11:01 PM
      "I barely escaped with my life. Or un-life. I'll try another building."

11:56 PM
      "I quit. This is not working out very well for me. So far, no kills in two weeks. And as a free vampire, I think I'm doing worse. I'll give it one more try, I guess."

3:54 AM
      "I finally did it. The whole building even. Everyone.  I feel so strong, so powerful. I feel more alive than ever. I, I just can't control myself. I love it. I, I feel like I can fly. As a matter of fact, I might just try it. But first, I wanna do it again."

4:50 AM
      "I got ran off again. It doesn't matter. I still did a whole building. I still feel so powerful. I'm gonna go fly, like my vampire brethren. My bat-kin, if you will."

6:29 AM
      "I'm at the highest building in the city. At least the one that was still open this early. I did another couple of people again before I got here. I just feel so ALIVE."

The Next Day
    The alarm buzzed then cut to music, and soon after the TV turned on. Only, there wasn't anybody to turn the alarm off. The police had already been and left. Over the alarm, the morning news started playing.
"In our latest story, a man was found dead outside of a local hotel, having appeared to have jumped. Police have already searched the man's house, and reviewed a camcorder tape that was on the man's body. So far nothing more has been released other than that he taped his exploits, thinking himself a vampire after taking a very powerful hallucinogen found at his home. Also, from eyewitness accounts, the man had been into a few apartment buildings earlier, knocking at the doors of most rooms and pretended to be a vampire when they would open the door, soon after running off, more on this at-"
  The TV and alarm cut off. The landlord had entered and turned them off. "Poor kid" was his only response to the news story as he started to clean his ex-tenet's belongings from the room.
© Copyright 2008 Rewe (rewetheknight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1432464-Blood-By-The-Hour