*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433054-MMs
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1433054
Just a small story about two friends searching for a bag of M&M's. Short.


"I left them SOMEWHERE Sophie. I don't think they walked away." Parker explained to his best friend. She crossed her thin arms. "Don't get an attitude with me Park. Anyways, those M&M's were only 99 cent." She flipped her blonde curls as Parker searched the sofa cushions. He stood after his failed search and thought.

"I don't get why I should help you. You lost my locket that my grandma gave me before she passed away." Parker felt guilt wash over him and he put the cushion back on his couch. "Sorry about that Soph. Please help me find my M&M's and I'll look all over the house for your locket."

She stared at him for a second and bent down to check under his bed. Sophie grimaced at the mess under there. Candy, shoes, action figures, cards, Monopoly pieces, Ipod . . . "You should clean your room." She told him as he paced the room.

Where could that candy have gone? Parker scratched his black hair and went to his bookshelf. "Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, The Thief Lord, Twilight. . ." He skimmed the shelves aloud. Sophie had to gasp. "Parker, you read Twilight? Seriously?"

He glared at her. "Everyone reads it at school. Just because it's a romance doesn't mean guys can't read it." Parker said while searching between his novels. His friend giggled. "All right Park."
As his eyes skimmed the shelf, it caught a brown bag. "Hah!" He smiled and reached for it. But when he picked it up he sighed.

He threw the Milky way wrapper away and looked in his dresser drawers. Sophie examined his night stand. "Nice." She said and picked up his baseball trophy. "Why is it that I go to all of your practices with you, but I've never seen you in a tournament?" She asked partially to herself.

The boy slammed the top drawer shut. "Not in there either. You know what, I bet it's in my sisters room. She steals my stuff all the time." Sophie chuckled. "I doubt she would steal your M&M's Parker. She has a part time job, so she would probally buy some herself."

He walked out the door and ran down stairs. "Mom, have you seen a pack of M&M's?" He asked his mom. Ms. Halls shook her head. "No, I haven't Parker. Really, you must clean your room." Parker ignored her and went to the Kitchen.

Sophie finally caught up and glanced around. "What's so special about these M&M's?" She asked while opening the cabinets. "They just ARE." Sophie narrowed her eyes at him. "You have serious issues with your anger Parker." He shrugged her harshness off.

"Hey, I'm not mad. I just sound like that when I'm nervous or agitated." He said. After looking throughout the entire Kitchen, Parker was losing hope. "You don't think I dropped them on the way here do you?" He asked Sophie.

"Nah." She replied. "The grocery is only two minutes away and even you can hold on to a bag of candy for that long. That is, if you don't eat it." Parker nodded in agreement and bolted out the front door.

"It might be in the yard though. Remember we helped my mom garden before we put the groceries up? It could have come out of the bag." Sophie sighed and ran out to help look for it.

Parker got on his stomach and looked under his moms Honda pilot. Nothing there . . . Sophie searched around the lawn and plants in Parker's garden. "Nothing." Sophie sighed and ran to her friend. "Let's just give up. A dollar isn't worth all this."

He stood up and brushed himself off. "But . . . I really need that bag." She studied his sad expression. "Why?" Parker raised his hand to express his words. "I mean, if you don't want to keep helping I'll understand! But, I'm going to keep looking because I'm hungry! Too hungry to go back to the grocery!" He laughed his words off.

Then his smile faded. Parker dropped his arm and it slapped against his side. The girl watched as his eyes grew wide. Then he shoved his hand in his pocket and joy painted his face. Parker pulled his hand out and in his grasp was a bag of M&M's.

"Oh! Look, you found them!" She smiled. "Yeah." He said. "I wrote you a poem Sophie." Sophie raised an eyebrow. "That's random."

"We searched my house from one to two and I found an empty Mountain dew. I was told by mom to clean my room, but didn't think to do it soon. It's funny the way that things turned out, at the last second we almost started to doubt. I can't believe it was in my pocket, Bet you can't believe-" He paused and emptied something gold out of the bag into Sophie's hand. "I found your locket."
© Copyright 2008 YokoMya (yokomya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1433054-MMs