*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434310-Chapter-6-7-8
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1434310
Stormy and Curtis come together as one,
Chapter 6
Stormy couldn't believe he had said yes to dinner, wondering if this was the start of something good, Suddenly the thought of being in the house didn't seem so bad, he was going to be there to share the silence with her. Showering she through on some old clothes to start dinner, then went to change. Her favorite Rockies, his shirt and her boots, she braided her long hair and put on just a hint of makeup. Working on dinner she sang to the radio, Rodney Atkins 'About the South' was playing, she started the backed potatoes, steak, salad and veggies, iced the beers and made her momma's apple pie for dessert, she knew for a fact that apple was his favorite dessert. Knocking she yelled for him to come in. " I'm in the kitchen." Walking in he carried a dozen Lillys." Curtis you didn't have to!"
" I know cowgirl, but I hope you like them."
" I love them let me put them in water and then we can settle in at the table for dinner." The flowers took center stage as they sat down to dinner, she dished up the food before joining him. " I really appreciate you coming over, I don't think I could have handled another night of something easy." The conversation was flowing so easily, where one left off the other began, , they laughed and shared and stole glances at each other.
" Stormy did you love Jeff?" Curtis hated asking but he had to know.
" No, I was hoping that it would come, but it never did, my heart honestly belongs to someone else, besides being around him and Sabrina just made me feel uneasy. He wasn't what he portrayed himself to be, he didn't know his way around a country girls heart." When she said that he remembered an ad he had seen. ' must know a way to a country girls heart.' Noting that on his internal memory he carried the plates to the kitchen and started doing dishes.
" No I can't let you do the dishes."
" Then come help me cowgirl, otherwise sit there and keep me company." The talked about friends and family but stayed away from romance and relationships. " I hear the 4h group is taking over the south pasture." Nodding she told him about the assignment she accepted from the school. " I think it's great and of course if you need help with anything just let me know okay." Nodding she got the dishcloth and when he was least expecting it popped him with it on his butt. " Okay now that's just mean." Teasing he picked up a handful of soap bubbles and lathered them all over her face, his hands trailed down to her hips and pulled her to him, he couldn't hold it, he needed to feel those lips again he lay his lips to hers and before long she was responding to the same need, the same fire. " I have to be going cowgirl. Thank you for a wonderful dinner." Stormy couldn't hardly breath from the kiss, it was a little unexpected but she had loved it all the same.
" Curtis, I uhm.... See you tomorrow, are you going to need help with the payroll this week." Nodding she promised to come over and get it done for him. Curtis walked out, leaving a blushing Stormy standing in the door, condemning herself for not being able to say anything about how she felt.

Chapter 7
Stormy stayed busy with the 4h club. Tom came back and quickly took over the reigns of the ranch, which left Stormy more free time for the kids. "Miss Harrison can I talk to you a minute?" Nodding they went to the bench under the shade tree. Erica looked as though she had been crying and it tore at Stormy's heart, aching to be a mother someday she put her arm around the girl like her momma used to do to her. "What's going on? You don't have to be scared you can tell me anything I promise!" The young girl started with the story. "Oh sweetie I'm so sorry about that, have you talked to Tommy yet?" Shaking her head Stormy gave her advice. "You know what hun, I know this may hurt now but let me tell you this and believe me when I tell you I know how it feels. Don't let him get away, if you care about him and it sounds like you do, let him know that way he can make his own decision." A smile came across the young girls face. Stormy felt sick that she could give the advice but she couldn't take it.
"Thanks Miss H. By the way, I've seen Mr. Lowe and you together sometimes, I think you should follow your own advice because it's really good advice." Stifling a laugh she watched Erica walk up to Tommy and his friends, unafraid. "Tommy, I'm real happy that Shelly accepted your offer for the dance, but I'm really mad to. You hurt me and messed with my feelings and real cowboy wouldn't do that." Tommy kissed her right there in front of his friends and Shelly.
"Erica, I only asked Shelly to make you jealous, she really wants to go with Shane. I didn't think you liked me that way." The group was interrupted by Stormy bringing the day to a close.
"Okay cowboys and cowgirls, get cleaned up and head home. Have a good weekend." Stormy jumped on to Moonshine and headed for the big house. "Hey Tom, how's the family?" They talked for a few moments when Stormy asked for the kids to come over. "I was hoping to spend some time with the kids; it's been a long time since they've been here. You and Melina deserve a night out. How about tomorrow about 5pm?" Tom shook his head but she insisted. "See ya tomorrow."
"Miss Harrison, I wanted to thank you for the money. It was a big help paying for the funeral." Stormy only smiled and gave the older man a hug before he saw her tears. "We'll see you tomorrow Aimee and Austin will be thrilled." Stormy hoped so, they were the light of her life when she got to see them. Being an only child she didn't have nieces or nephews to speak of, Aimee and Austin they made up for it.

It was a rainy Friday night in Old Hickory, Stormy settled in behind the computer to get caught up on all her work and check her email. There it was an amazing email. Reading the profile he seemed perfect but Stormy couldn't do it anymore, her heart belonged to one person and one person only. Replying back she thanked him but said she would no longer be doing the internet dating since her heart was taken already by a bull headed cowboy she'd known all her life.
Curtis looked at the reply and smiled, he knew this was her ad, the words he heard the other day proved that for him. Hitting reply he typed "Best of luck, he's one lucky cowboy." With a smile, he began to make plans to make his dreams come true.
That Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day, it smelled wonderful but the valley area always did after a rain. Stormy put on her old work clothes and headed to the hayloft. It needed a good cleaning out and straightening out. She had no idea how long she had been in there, but she heard someone clear their voice and knew who it was. "Hey cowboy, what's up?" Stormy turned to look at him. His jeans fit snug in all the right places, his t-shirt hung loose over the waist band of his pants, his wavy black hair since he got it cut the other day barely stuck out underneath the Stetson that set low on his face. "You just going to stand there or what?" Curtis took a step toward her, took his hat off and looked at her, his black eyes piercing her soul.
"Stormy I really need to talk to you about some things. Let's sit down."
"Sounds serious cowboy, you ain't dieing on me are you." She'd made him smile but she was curious " it's easier if you just spill it." Sitting down she waited. Curtis explained that he only wanted to take a short vacation and was hoping she would help out at the ranch if the foreman needed checks or anything for supplies. "Where you going?"
"The beach, I need to clear my mind of some things and start fresh plus I have a couple of filly's I'll be bringing back with me.. I'll be back on Friday and I'd be honored if you would let me escort you to the kids rodeo and the dance."
"Sure sounds like fun. I hope you have a great vacation you deserve it." Curtis stood and Stormy followed suit, she turned her back on him so he couldn't see the sadness that he would be gone for those few days. Curtis wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled her neck. "Curtis,"
"Stormy I can't keep doing this. When I'm near you all I want to do is lay you down and smother your body with kisses and make sweet passionate love to you." A low groan came from deep down in his gut as Stormy turned in his arms.
"What's stopping you cowboy." She wrapped her arms around him and pressed her lips to his, bitting on his lower lip, he opened to her and he reacted to feel of her in his arms. Curtis lay her gently down on the bed of hay, smothering her body with kisses from head to toe and everywhere in between, he made her fall off the pleasure wagon more than once before he entered her. He positioned himself and found a delectable surprise. "Don't stop please don't stop!"
"Stormy you've never?" Shaking her head she tried pushing him in. "It will hurt for just a minute okay." The pain was minimal compared to the pleasure he brought her. They fit so perfectly together, unable to hold it anymore, he spilled into her and fell on the hay, holding her in his arms until guilt took over. "Stormy, oh my God I can't believe we just, I'm so sorry." He scrambled to his feet, rushed to get dressed; he left her lying in the hay naked and crying.
"Damn you Curtis William Lowe" Dragging her self of the hay, she dressed, headed into the house to clean up; she had to make herself presentable for the kids. Stormy made a promise to herself that she was going to make his life hell for this.

Chapter 8
Tom and Melina was a beautiful couple. He stood maybe 5'8 and had some weight on him, Melina stood maybe 5'7 and had red hair that was shoulder length she was not a thin woman but Tom was always proud to be next to her. She was the step mom to Aimee and Austin, but in Stormy's mind, those kids did as much for Melina as she did for them. They were the perfect match., walking up on the porch laughing, Stormy was already all wrapped up by little arms. "We're only going to be gone a couple of hours, you have my cell number if you need it."
"No problem we're going to have a great time don't worry." Once their parents were gone, Stormy hauled the kids in side for hotdogs and mac and cheese, a horseback ride followed and then a movie. Austin curled up in the recliner and fell asleep, Aimee, lay on the couch snoring lightly. Answering the phone she heard his voice. "Curtis I have no tears left please don't do this. I have to go." Hanging up she answered the door to Tom. "Hey Tom the kids are already asleep, why don't you two head home enjoy some adult time, I'll bring them home in the morning okay?" Nodding Tom thanked her and ran out to the truck where Melina waved at her, it had been months since they had adult time, they were thankful for Stormy's love of the children and would enjoy every minute of what was yet to come for them. Locking the door, she quietly covered up Austin and grabbed a blanket for Aimee and herself. That night she slept soundly and dreamlessly curled up behind Aimee, the little girl snoring lightly. Finally the silence of the house was broken.
Stormy hated dropping the kids off, she wished they could stay, they kept her mind occupied and the house didn't seem so lonely when they were there. Driving into town she decided it was time to see Flossie, it was time she had a talk with the old woman. Dropping the kids off, they hugged her neck before joining their parents in the front yard. It was like the truck was on auto pilot it took her into the parking lot, pulling in she saw the old lady waiting for her "Hey sweetie, how are you today?" Flossie could see she wasn't good, her eyes were red rimmed and puffy, probably from crying all night.
"I'm here Flossie, are you ready for that talk?" Nodding the woman brought a coke for Stormy and coffee for herself. Flossie listened through the childhood crush to adult love they both felt for each other. "What's sad is I can give advice but I can't take it."
"Honey what you need to do is swallow your pride and let him in. Why can't you see that he loves you? He was mad as a wet hen when you were dating Jeff."
"Flossie, it's not that easy. It's been a long time; I thought he would have said something by now. Givin some hints, something!" Flossie laughed at that, she knew Curtis and she knew the hints he'd given, she'd been too blind to see them.
"Why didn't you say something? He did give hints honey you haven't been seeing. Think about it, you'll see what I mean."
"He's leaving for Florida tomorrow. He's going to be gone all week." Flossie nodded, she knew he was going; he had to clear his head and figure out some things. "We made love yesterday in the hayloft. Flossie it was wonderful, I lost my virginity to him and he jumped up, apologized and bolted home like he had, had forced himself on me, I wanted it as much as he did."
"Honey sometimes a man just needs to step away he might have thought he hurt you by doing that. Don't be mad at him, just give him time okay." Nodding she thanked the old woman and headed home, to the lonely house where she just didn't want to be anymore. There was only one place she wanted to be and that was in his arms.

© Copyright 2008 Victoria Noel (okiegirl72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434310-Chapter-6-7-8