*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434630-Breaking-and-Entering
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1434630
horror for daily flash fiction
What was that? Josh thought, suddenly wide awake.

He listened intently. There it was again! Someone was trying to open the door to his motel room. He could see the slow back and forth motion of the handle.

Whoever it was, didn't want to be heard.

Josh got up quietly, pulling on some pants as he eased across the room to the window. There was no telling who was out there. Due to the nature of his work, there were plenty of people that would love to catch him with his guard down.

A careful peek through the curtains revealed nothing. There were half a dozen dented old vehicles in the parking lot of the rundown establishment. A single dim streetlight provided the only outside illumination if you didn't count the blinking vacancy sign over the office door.

Josh got down and crawled to the bathroom. Maybe he would be able to fit through the small window in there. It would be a simple matter to disappear into the forest out back.

Once in there, Josh stood up to inspect the window. It looked like he just might fit through. Perfect.

A giant silhouette suddenly morphed across the window causing Josh to jump.

What the hell was that? he nearly screamed. He turned to run from the bathroom just as the small window exploded inward. A giant fur covered shadow rushed in through the opening. It went right for him.

He fell backwards with a loud yelp. Oh My God! he shouted as he saw it round the corner out of the bathroom.

Josh got up and sped out the front of his motel room. No time for keys and a car.
He fled across the parking lot with world class speed.

It was not going to be enough.

Word count 300
© Copyright 2008 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434630-Breaking-and-Entering