*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434718-Prologue-The-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1434718
This is the beginning to Antonia's story, Learn about the critical events so long ago.
"In times of darkness, the world's eyes are blinded. All they see is the darkness, wishing it to disappear and never return. What they don't realize is that you can only see true beauty and light through darkness. If you don't know darkness, how can you know light? How can you see with blind eyes?"
Antonia Van'Dragon

         Evil, an unbearable force, consumes those who seek its power, takes the hope from those who let it rule them. There are few however, who live in the midst of its vile core, yet remain untouched by it. Seven of the untouched must become one with the land, touched by evil in order to defeat it. The first of the Chosen Seven is Antonia Van'Dragon, Chosen Child of Light. To understand her story however, we must understand the beginning, when the world was light and the six lands of destiny lived in peace and harmony. When an evil known only as the Dark Star came to the Realm of the Destined, the six lands fell into chaos and split apart. Foreseeing the trouble before him, the Dark Star split himself into six powerful beings of evil. The most powerful of the six, which carried the conciseness of the Dark Star, went to Narsayes where he called himself The Ultimate Evil. Before he came, the world had been rejoicing at the age of light, not seeing the danger that it posed; for the world had become unbalanced and in an unbalanced world an age of light will be followed by one of darkness as the world tries to balance itself. When he did come though, only one person saw the truth as Narsayes leapt into civil wars, Ellendyn Tam-Nal.
         Seeing his dark ties, Ellendyn set out to find the one weapon that could destroy The Ultimate Evil; the one weapon that would make sure he was eliminated for good, an ancient weapon said to be forged by the gods themselves. For months she searched, hoping to find it, to free her land from the turmoil he'd brought to them. As she neared the weapon, and unfortunate turn of events called of her hurry. The Ultimate Evil was forging the largest army in the history of the six lands. When she approached the weapon, her eyes finally setting upon it, her hope soared. With this weapon perhaps she could win, even against the large army.
         With weapon in hand, she gathered the best warriors she could find, and trained them further. She called them the Atheans. With her new forces behind her, she waged war with The Ultimate Evil's forces, The Manoin Army. With her weapon she fought with all her might, hoping that the light would prevail. The People of Narsayes stopped their fighting as they finally came to realize the truth behind the darkness, and with hearts full of resolve they joined the Atheans and pushed against the Manoins. Oh how they fought, countless dying on both sides. It had been close to a year that they fought when, in the midst of blood, Ellendyn was granted a vision by the Light, and she knew... it wouldn't be her. She wasn't the one who would ultimately destroy her opponent. She knew another would be chosen.
         As she thought she figured that at least she could give the one a hand, so she pushed harder. She fought until The Ultimate Evil retreated into the Dark Lands, known as Darshena. With that accomplished she hid the weapon, making sure that only the Chosen Child would be able to retrieve it.
Ellendyn, knowing her job completed, left Narsayes, never to be seen again.
         Before her departure, however she did the best she could at making sure Narsayes was stable. She created the Council of Nations, to govern her land n light. She created a place for the Atheans to live and grow on their own. Finally she left a prophecy, giving hope to the people when the darkness struck again. Then she sailed away, praying to the light to help her beloved land.
© Copyright 2008 Antonia (dragonqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434718-Prologue-The-Beginning