*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435123-none
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1435123
Short story, describing a tragedy.
The mark on the floor was all that was left of a life unremembered. The dying scene was all to predictable, all to sad in the classic manifestation of relinquished hope. The sad moment once painted here, now held only in reality by a solitary stain, a taint in the colorless decaying wood, once so strong and safe. The last mark she left, the last patch of her exsistence was to be washed away with the destruction of this scene, and only in his memory was she still alive and known. He watched as she lay motionless with glazed eyes filled with silent tears freezing to her cheeks while her breath grew cold and thin, drawing in her lungs and causing her body to convulse in the agony of drawing one more single solitaire breath. The pained expression frozen on her face from the passing of her life etched into his memories forever tainting his view of her with the look of her last moment. Her hand clutched tightly over her arm, attempting to hold in the heat, while the posion seeped into her , threw her shallow skin into her very essence. Deep, into the crevices of her flaws, the blood coarsing threw her veins carried the sweet death violently threw out her, it sank into the very marrow of her bones, twisting into every conceivable hiding place within her. He watched as she died, a small trickle of blood running down her nose, eyes, mouth, bloodshot tears he could never forget. And as he sat down and watched her pass, she was motionless and calm, but in her eyes a wild passion for what she was leaving behind and a hidden pain he would never know. Her body was left, slowly decaying into the ground, eroding into nothing. All that was left was a stain in the shape of a lifeless body long lost. The pistol to his head, the bullet threw his skull, and at last a resting place for the tormented image of her. All memory was ereased, the floor removed. All that was left of the tragic lovers was nothing anymore. All that spoke there tale was walls that couldn't talk, furniture that couldn't whisper. Quitely in the night, the soft sound of animals , and in the end all their was was simple and complete, perfect and pure, silence.
© Copyright 2008 JamieLynn (jlrenae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435123-none