*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435532-Abduction
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1435532
A twist on the alien abduction theme; a lot closer to home than you think!
I'm still not quite sure how I got here.

The last thing I remember clearly, I was asleep, all nice and toasty warm at home. I vaguely remember stretching out and meeting some resistance, like my room had shrunk tenfold. Next thing I knew, my home was cut – literally cut – open. The wall in front of me was split in two, the hole was just big enough for me to fit through, and these two freakishly gigantic hands reached for me. They grasped me at my ankles at first and slowly, but inexorably, pulled me through the wall. Once they had a hold of me, it did not seem to take too long for them to rip me from all I had ever known and loved.

The confusion of where they took me is still a part of the memory. The shock of being awoken from a sound, peaceful sleep and ripped from my home, the freezing cold of their world, and the intense white bright lights made me cry out in fear. Since I slept naked (well, I mean, really; who was going to see me sleep inside my own house?), it felt as if I had been thrown into a tub full of ice cubes. My skin prickled as I reacted from the sudden, dramatic change in temperature. The lights were as if the sun blazed four feet from my eyes. Panicking and screaming in terror, I struggled to get away but the superior strength of the alien was too much for me. I had vague impressions of what the aliens looked like – greenish-blue skin, a very long torso, and short, short legs. Their heads were multi-colored. The first alien had tan skin on the lower half of their head but the green skin on top, but the second one, the one that took me into another part of – of – of where ever I was – had the green on top but a deep brown on the bottom portion of their face.

I tried to look for an escape route as they talked in their language, passing me from the first alien to another who took me further away from my house. I thought they wouldn’t expect it so soon after my capture. As I arched my back to try and loosen the grip the alien had on me, I noticed something very different, something new and strange about my body. I still get shivers when I cast my mind back to that moment of discovery…

My eyes wouldn’t focus, even in spite of the bright light. As that second alien carted me away and I struggled fiercely to escape, I noticed that my arms and legs just kept flopping around. I had NO control over my muscles. At this point, I did not think anything would stop my cries of fear. I kept shouting for help, pleading with the aliens to release me, I begged them to take me home. But not one answered me; they didn’t even seem to act as if they understood a word I said. No one responded. That’s when I truly felt and knew I was completely and totally alone.

The alien took me over to a large table where they gave me a quick wash, then stuck me on a cold thing that seemed to give them some information they wanted. Then they wrapped me up in a blanket so tight that I couldn’t move. At first, I was mad but then I realized that I was getting warmer. Well, I thought, that’s some progress anyway. I was starving too but I knew that I had eaten a little while ago. The sounds they were making to each other were louder than I had ever heard in my life.

And just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, I was poked and prodded in places that I didn’t even knew existed! Looking back on it, I guess they were sterilizing me so that they wouldn’t catch any diseases from me but at the time, all I knew was that it was damn uncomfortable. Then the alien working on me took my left foot and stuck some cold black ink on it, then pressed my foot against some paper. Tagging me, perhaps? The next thing I knew, a sharp needle was poking the heel of my right foot. Totally unexpected, I let out another ear-piercing scream. The alien made a sort of crooning sound to me, I suppose in an attempt to tell me that everything was all right. Hell, NO! I thought to myself. Then it dawned on me that I was somehow able to intuit what the alien was trying to tell me. I might be able to figure out a way home!

Just as that epiphany dawned on me, I was plunged into a warm bath and thoroughly cleaned. That was when I realized the aliens were at least not trying to harm me (aside from taking me from everything I had ever know, that is) and was actually caring for me. Startled at this revelation, I jerked my body suddenly and the alien holding me muttered under her breath a word that I just knew was a swear word in their language! As my eyes blinked at that, I also realized that I could make a sex differentiation between these aliens, based on voice alone.

The alien gently put some clothing on me a small shirt that barely covered me; I did protest at this, as I was perfectly happy nude. I struggled but her superior strength and size won out. I supposed these aliens had a modesty taboo. She wrapped me up in a blanket as well to keep my newfound warmth; now that was fine! I felt better than I had all day. Although the stupid little hat she stuck on my head was ridiculous; it just messed up my hair! I did try to free my arms to remove the stupid thing but only succeeded once. The alien somehow managed to rewrap me up in that blanket in such a way that all my limbs were completely confined but not in any painful way. Neat trick, I thought to myself. My attempts at escaping were wearing thin as I finally accepted the fact that this new world was to be my home for a while at least.

Then the alien carefully put me into a box and somehow moved me through their research facility. I faintly heard cries similar to mine and I began to panic – who else had these aliens stolen? What was their purpose in taking people from their homes and bringing them to this sterile, cold, white place? Oddly enough, I didn’t fear for my life. I mean, why spend all that time and effort in caring for me if they were just going to kill me? A small shiver of fear spread down my spine. What if this was a ritual before the sacrifice? I whispered to myself. I began to shake again in mortal terror, as I felt led inexorably to my fate.

After what seemed like an eternity, the alien stopped and went into another room. This room was different than the other places I had been so far in this new world. The lighting was soft, and the walls weren’t white but a calming pale color. Yellow or beige? I thought. As my eyes relaxed with this new lighting, the alien stopped pushing me, picked me up and handed me to a new alien.

This new alien did not look like any of the ones I had seen so far. Different coloring, and more than just eyes were visible. A mouth smiled at me and as I gazed up at this new face, a warm, peaceful feeling spread throughout my very soul and I felt an instant connection as I heard the alien speak.

“Hello there, little one,” she softly spoke to me, gently holding me in her arms. “Momma’s here.”

(To Kyron, for inspiration)
© Copyright 2008 Kris Cooper (kayshan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435532-Abduction