*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435832-The-Accident
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1435832
Second part to The Fade. Enjoy! P.S. I do not own the lyrics...
I sat in the passenger seat of the car. My head was resting on the window, he sat next to me. We drove on a empty street of highway. I watched as the rain thudded into the window, following the streaks with my eyes. I could hear thunder crackle in the distance. I closed my eyed, hearing the next song on the cd come into play, pouring quietly out of the speakers.

Dematerializing the doors
that you take just
to forget your own name
fizzle out your worth
believeing that you
should just not exsist

Looking from the outside
I hope you see
You were worth it to me
You'll just stay here
laying awake in the fade
when every thing could be better...

I reached out and shut off the radio, I didn't want to listen to this, not now...I sighed quietly to myself, letting my eyes focus on a single rain-drop. I watched as it slid slowly down the window, until it reached it's end. I looked past the window, straining my eyes, I saw nothing but trees and lamp posts. I heard nothing but the rain hitting the car, the thunder way off in the distance...I looked over at him. "When will be home?" I asked, trying to pass the time. He looked at me, "It should only be about an hour."

I nodded, looking forward again...What was that? I strained my eyes, searching for what - The car suddenly jerked to the left. I closed my eyes, feeling the car hit a railing...I screamed, the car flipped onto it's back, the wheels now in the air...I could feel the car still moving, skidding across the pavement. Was I going to die here? I felt the car coming to a stop...I opened my eyes, feeling the car come to a complete stop...

I reached down and unbuckled my seat belt, feeling a trinkle of blood run down my arm...I pulled my self out of the car, going through the window...Wait, he was still in the car! I stood slowly, feeling a sharp pain in my foot. I placed a hand on the car, making my way around the car to the drivers side. I got down on my knees...I reached my hand into the car, and felt nothing! I jumped, feeling a hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright?" A voice asked...I recogonized it as his voice!

I tried to pull my self up, but couldn't...He kneeled next to me, gently pushing me onto the ground. "Your hurt, just lay down, ok? I called 911, they will be here soon." I nodded, closing my eyes slowly...I heard the sirens in the distance, I felt my self being lifted up onto something...A stretcher? Maybe...I shook my head slowly, I could feel my body aching now...I was then again lifted...An ambulance...I could hear voices around me. My head rested on a pillow...

...I could feel my self slowly slipping away.
© Copyright 2008 Moonfalls (moonfalls at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435832-The-Accident