*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436007-Fragile-Like-Glass
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1436007
Jack had noone until Evelyn Mercer came into his life...
Author's Note: Next update will be 20th of june so dont dissapear!!

I myself am a BIG hater of change but I changed the age of the characters. Don’t be mad but it worked out pretty good (I hope) don’t forget to R&R, flame if you have to.

Disclaimer: I claim no ownership of Four Brothers.
                                       
                                            ~oo()o()o()o()o()oo~

A young boy, aged 15, cowered in the corner as his foster dad’s angry words were ringing in his ears. “Your own mother didn’t want you. What makes you think anyone else would?” He clenched his hands trying to hold himself up. The harshness in these words hurt worse than the hate for him he saw in everybody’s eyes. Hurt more than the bruises that covered his whole upper body. The words hurt because they were true. He knew it was true. Jack. A lanky, quiet boy with dirty blonde hair was alone in life. He had been abandoned by his biological mother at the age of 6. He was found in an abandoned warehouse by a social worker named Robert Keene. Jack was taken into care. Ever since then he has been put through hell, moving from one abusive family to another. How could he think anyone would love him, when his own flesh and blood had hated him beyond belief? These were the last words ringing in his ears as his foster dad slammed the door shut locking him in a dark room with nothing to eat. Jack was use to this. It happened everyday. His foster dad Austin Johnson had taken him in when he was 9 years old. Jack spent 6 years of his life taking in abuse after abuse. He went to school thinking it would be different but was bullied uncountable by bigger boys. Jack being you-could-see-his-ribs-because-he-was-so-skinny felt like there was no point in living until one day.

Jack had his earphones on listening to Linkin Park Together we made it. This was the only time he felt happy. He dreams to be a successful rock star one day. When Austin was out he would play his guitar in his room until he fell asleep.

It was only a few minutes from school to where he lived. Of all the time he lived with Austin he had never once called it his home because it felt nothing like a home. Today he thought he’d take a long path. He knew Austin would be mad and he’d get hell for it after but all he cared about now was being by himself.

Jack took his earphones out and walked slowly. He noticed two boys ahead of him. Exchanging something, most likely to be drugs. He had learnt about them only the other day. It was something troubled teenagers have. The two boys caught him staring so he looked down and continued to walk. He turned the corner still thinking about the drugs. He wondered if it would help him forget this world, his troubles, the pain? He walked on until he turned the next corner and suddenly stopped.
“Where’s the harm in trying” he said to himself “I can’t take this anymore” he traced his steps back to the place he saw the boys. He spent the next 5 minutes looking for the boy who was doing them but couldn’t see him anywhere.]

“Great, he’s gone” Jack said miserably

“Hey, you looking for me?” a voice said from behind him. Jack turned round to see it was the guy he was looking for.

“Yeah”

“I thought so” the boy said “I’m Josh”

“Jack”

“I saw you looking before” he said “Did you want some?” Josh asked

“I don’t know”

“Course you do, you a first timer?”

“Yeah”

“Look, I’m not like those other guys that go round selling drugs” he said “I’ll reason with you, yeah? Gimme a fiver and I’ll give you tester, you like it. Then you know where to find me, got it?”

Jack considered this. He had a fiver in his pocket ‘What if it doesn’t help’ he thought to himself

As if reading his mind Josh answered his question

“You got problems, I got the very thing to help man and it’ll only cost you a fiver. Comeon, only a fiver”

Jack pulled out a fiver and handed it to him.

“Now we’re talking” Josh grinned “Here man, you try this and trust you’ll forget all that’s happened, you want more, you know where to find me, ‘ight?

“Yeah”

“Next time it’ll cost you a more, so bring all you got”

“Yeah ok” Jack said walking away as fast as he could. He turned the corner and stopped to breathe.

‘What did he just do’ he thought to himself ‘I just gave my money away’

He looked at the drugs, quickly stuffed them in his pocket and quickly walked home. He knew Austin was waiting for him. It was already 5 o’clock.

There was hell to pay and he knew it.

                                        ~oo()o()o()o()o()oo~

Jack opened the front door as quietly as he possibly could. He shut it and started up the stairs. He only got half way up when there was a loud crash from the front room.

‘Oh no’ Jack thought

“What fucking time do you fucking call this?!” Austin shouted from the bottom of the stairs “Get your useless arse down here, now!”

Jack turned round slowly walking down. His heart was racing as he caught sight of the belt in Austin’s hand

“Well?” he questioned

‘What am I gonna say?’ Jack asked himself

“I-I er I got held up at school erm I-I had to er finish my work coz I-I didn’t complete it and er the teacher made me stay back to finish it” Jack said hesitantly

“You expect he to buy that, you good-for-nothin’ kid!” Austin raised his voice everytime he spoke “I went to that school and asked after you, they fuckin’ said you left ages ago, where the fuck you been, huh?” he pushed Jack against the wall and leaned in “You shoulda thought before lying to me kid”

Jacks body tenses, his eyes widen, his heart begins to thump. It happens everyday of his life, he knew what was about to happen.

Austin raises the belt over his head

It swings down - - -
© Copyright 2008 Lady kay (lil_princess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436007-Fragile-Like-Glass