*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436510-Daughter-of-Death-part-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1436510
shay raquel is no ordinary emo
Chapter 1-Rudy Gearshift

It started as any other day. Well, not any other day. My mom packed my lunch for me. Either she’s getting a divorce (again), or it’s my birthday.
My mother is one complicated woman. She goes through more marriages than a rock band goes through guitars and amps. I got on the bus as usual, sat in the back as usual, and started picking on losers usual. Well, not so usual. Shay Raquel actually said hello to Venom Starke. Yeah, they’re dating, but who knows? Maybe Starke actually stepped it up on one of their dates. Either way, it was weird, she wasn’t happy to see him. She never was. She wasn’t ever angry to see him, either. Either way, she was next on my list.
“Hey, Raquel! Who did you hair today, a bat?” She didn’t respond at first, like she usually did. She waited a few moments before turning around and smiling at me.
Whoa, whoa. Rewind. That kid has the hots for me now? Sohoo not cool, dude. I have a rep to mind, and this was burning me and ripping me apart! I moved onto Starke as fast as my brain could go.
“Yo, Starke! ‘Da hell’s the matter with you? When a chick says hello, you get on that bitch ‘fast as you can!” He turned bright red. Maybe a scarlet. Soon, every nerd in the bus was picked on by me. I was finished with my rounds. Just in time, cause we were at school.
Lemme fill you in on this. No chick in the school wants to date a guy that either A) packs his own lunch, B) writes fake suicide notes, C) writes poems, songs, or stories, or D) is emo. Well at least at our school, West Isle High, doesn’t have a chick that is interested. Except for Shay Raquel. She A) packs her own lunch, B) writes fake suicide notes, C) writes poems, songs, or stories, and D) is emo. WIH is known for their chicks. Aren’t we special, eh?
School went fast. No one stopped to give me extra shit over the hours, and the bus ride home was always the best part of the day.
At home, my new step dad greeted me warmly. I hoped my mom wasn’t leaving him. He didn’t care what I did.
“How was your day, Rudy?” He asked, flipping the channel.
“Fine. Nothing weird.” I lied. It wasn’t easy, cause my dad--my real dad--had burnt it into my brain not to lie.
“Yes, there was. Don’t lie to me.” Crap.
“Okay, sorry. Well, this girl…she actually smiled at me.” Not a lie. She did smile.
“Oh, and…?” He gave the most ridiculous face ever. I mean EVER.
“And what?”
“Do you like her back?” Oh, God!
“No! She’s Outcast of the Year, dad!” Whoops. Here comes the hurricane.
“Why is that?”
“She’s a loner. Doesn’t want friends.” Shut up, shut up, PLEASE just shut up.
“Hmmmm. Sounds like she’s crushing on you.” Of course not. Heaven forbid that I’d have an easy life with parents that loved me.
“Whatever, dad. I’ve got homework.” And with that, I left.
I slammed my door hard. No one understood me. No one cared. I flicked on my computer and opened my email.
It was a long night. My dad kept bugging my about Shay Raquel. Ugh! I hated him! Suddenly at supper, the phone rang.
“I’ll get it,” mom offered, and hurried off.
“Hey, Rudy,” dad said, nudging my shoulder.
“What?” I asked, exasperated. I already knew what was coming.
“Maybe it’s Ms. Raquel, asking for a date.”
“Dad!” I yelled as mom came in, dazed. I looked at her, waiting. “Who was it?” I asked.
“It was the Raquel’s.” Dad stifled a laugh.
“What about them? What did they want?”
“They say you need to come over.”
“Why?” I asked, and before dad could do anything, I kicked him, hard.
“The police are there. Shay has committed suicide.”
© Copyright 2008 Shay Raquel (tsdc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436510-Daughter-of-Death-part-3