*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1437781-Remembrance-Kills
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1437781
230 words in which there is revenge and self realization and an ending.
The shadowy figure that is Remembrance sits in Thomas' chair, in his office, in his house. He is waiting for Thomas. The office door creeks and slams shut with the clank of bars. Remembrance turns and stairs at his quarry. Thomas puffs up with indignation at the invasion of his domain. He quickly deflates as Remembrance stands and the light flashes off of his model 500. His words slick the air with the putrescence of loathing as he lays the charges on the condemned. Now he will remove the reminder of his failure; the one to blame, the one that noticed and took action. Thomas listens to the incrimination of having done his job; then Thomas slumps to the ground, his knowledge splattered across the room. The echo rushes to inform everyone that the dead is done.

Remembrance swells with the pride of revenge; then shrivels as yet another part of his soul echoes hollow. What further revenge is there to be had? What further retribution to be exacted? Who else is there to blame.

Yes, of course. There is one more. There is the very root of all of Remembrance's troubles. It is only now that all the others have been removed that he can see his true enemy. He lifts his arm once more and with a muzzle flash the killer of Remembrance drops to the floor.
© Copyright 2008 Marcus G (shakeymeg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1437781-Remembrance-Kills