*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1437889-In-the-dark
Rated: 13+ · Other · Biographical · #1437889
Something that happened to me..
darkness..That was the first thing I saw,when I entered the beach..warm night and what's more,it was raining...
But surprisingly the sea was peacefull and calm. I can't remember if I have ever seen the sea looking as wonderful as it did that night - moonlight rays,floating on soft waves..a lonely seagull flying above that amazing field of water and moonlight.
It seemed,that the pain and melancholy inside me finaly found their place on earth...
I sat on wet sand,feeling gentle waves with my feet..but it wasn't me. I felt,that I can't recognise this ghost..this empty-hearted ghost.
The seagull alighted beside me and looked right into my eyes..and then I realised,what my soul needs to revive..it was freedom.
The seagull wasn't lonely..he was free. Free to fly above something I adore the most - the sea..free to know,that no one will disturb him from doing what he wants..free to decide,when to alight,when to fly away..free from this world...
I don't recall,how many seconds,minutes or hours we were looking into each others eyes,I only remember that with the first ray of rising sun seagull disappeared..how did that happen I don't know..it was a matter of a second,when I turned my eyes away from his to see the very first ray of sun..when I looked back..the seagull was gone..
Many nights after I was sitting at the very same place,waiting for the seagull. I had many questions I felt only he can answer..but the seagull never came back. Since that night I realised that I became new person..now my soul is alive and full of passion for life..differently than before,now I yearn for freedom. I don't care if I'll be accepted by the people around me.. I will be happy if I'll succeed to find someone like me..So we could be together alone.
Many days and nights I wondered, if the seagull was something else..and yes it was. I could say that was an angel..I could say that was an inspiration..I could say that was me..it was all of these things and more.
© Copyright 2008 Mistyque (sunsetsvampire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1437889-In-the-dark