*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439414-Best-Brother-Chap-2
by Sakura
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1439414
Sanji had a friend on Baratie. What if they met again?
Best brothers?!

Chapter 2: Battle

“No way,” Saku said calmly.

“I command you to get on this ship at once!” The captain shouted.

“You’ll have to take that up with my new captain, Luffy.” Saku said.

“Ok, Who’s Luffy?” The captain asked.

“I am!” Luffy said.

“Too bad I have to do this.” The captain took out a pair of handcuffs and threw them at Luffy. Luffy jumped and the captain threw another pair. Luffy couldn’t dodge those and they clamped on to his wrists.

“How’d they do…” Luffy never finished because he fell asleep. Then he landed in the water.

“What happened?” Chopper asked.

“Sea stone handcuffs, perfect for people who ate cursed fruits.” The captain smiled evilly.

“Sanji, get Luffy! He landed in the water!” Zolo yelled. Sanji took off his shoes and jacket and dove in.

“Can’t Luffy swim?” Saku asked.

“No, he can’ t because he ate a cursed fruit.” Usopp explained.

“Luffy’s ok,” Sanji said after he got on the ship. Luffy’s arm was draped around Sanji’s neck. “I also got the handcuffs off so he should wake up in a few minutes.” He set Luffy down on the deck and turned to Saku.

“Your division?”

“Yea,” Saku said. “Why? What do you want to do? Cook them a meal?” He asked with teasing sarcasm.

“No, I want to kick their butts for taking you in the first place.” Sanji replied.

“Sounds good to me, need help?” Saku asked.

“Yea,” Sanji answered. “Moss head, you in?

“I bet I can beat more marines then you can.” Zolo said.

“You wish,” Sanji muttered.

“Shall we take ’em down?” Saku asked.

“Right behind you, Bro!” Sanji said. Sanji did a kick aimed for underneath the captain’s chin. It worked and Saku kicked him into the ocean. Zolo, Saku, and Sanji fought the other marines and Sanji accidentally kicked a marine into the just waking up Luffy.

“Gum-gum blast!” Luffy sent the marine flying.

“How’d you do that Luffy!” Saku asked, surprised.

“I’m a rubber man,” Luffy said, stretching the right corner of his lip back. “My crew is even weirder!” Luffy laughed.

“No we’re not!” Nami, Usopp, and Chopper shouted. Sanji and Zolo just gave him I’ll kill you glares. Luffy didn’t see them.

Luffy then noticed something. “AHHH! Where’s my straw hat?”

“Here Luffy, it didn’t get too wet.” Sanji said, holding Luffy’s straw hat in his hand.

“Why? What happened?” Luffy asked. Luffy was still as wet as Sanji.

“You fell in the water, Sanji dove in, and then we kicked the marines’ butts. I the great captain Usopp, rescued Nami from a marine captain.” Usopp lied.

“No, you didn’t even fight!” Nami exclaimed.

“Great story Usopp,” Luffy laughed.

“How many marines did you guys get?” Saku asked Zolo and Sanji.

“35,” They both said simultaneously. “Oh crap!” They both said together.

“Quit it, Blondie!” Zolo yelled.

“Quit what, Moss head?” Sanji retorted.

“Quit copying me, Dart-board brow!”

“Shut up!” Nami said.

“Yes, Nami!” Sanji said loyally.

“Ok, your highness!” Zolo mocked.

“Zolo,” Nami was now angry. (Run away!) “You still owe me for that sword you bought in Rouge town.”

“I paid you back!” Zolo said.

“You didn’t pay interest.” Nami said.

“Witch,” Zolo said.

“Nami’s not a witch, Marmo!” Sanji said kicking him in the head. It was enough to make Zolo stumble back a few feet, but he didn’t lose his footing.

“Thanks Sanji,” Nami said giving Sanji a smile that made him topple to the floor with flying hearts.

“Crap-cook,” Zolo muttered and walked away to find a place to nap.

“Sanji, why do you smoke?” Saku asked later that night. They were up in the crow’s nest and the rest of the crew was asleep.

“I’m not sure,” Sanji said, inhaling the smoke from his cigarette.

“You shouldn’t,” Saku said. “They’ll kill you.”

“If a pirate’s life doesn’t kill me first.” Sanji stated.

“Luffy would never let that happen.” Saku declared.

“You’re right,” Sanji smiled.

Saku let out a yawn. “Let’s go to bed.”

“Sure, it’s Usopp’s watch.” Sanji said throwing his cigarette in the sea. They got to the men’s cabin and woke Usopp up.

“What is it?” Usopp asked.

“It’s your watch,” Suaku said. Sanji and Saku got in their hammocks and fell asleep. For the first time in years, Sanji considered to stop smoking.

© Copyright 2008 Sakura (storywriter13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1439414-Best-Brother-Chap-2