*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1440349-The-Horsemen-of-the-East
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1440349
This story is a tale of dark magic in a land on the brink of war.
Outward from the dark fortress at the heart of the realm of Girdan the Kada Elsun were dispatched, these were the fell warriors of the Lord of that foul place but they were not his usual thralls for they were skilled in the dark magics of the world.
Day and night they travelled and yet never did they feel weary and neither did their steeds despite the heat of the midsummer sun. Many a league they traversed until at last they reached the fair land of Sidrion that lay around the great Bay of Valos.
The land of Sidrion had long been safeguarded by the Tirodin Mountains, which were said to be the tallest on earth, and so the people of Sidrion were unaware of the growing shadow of darkness beyond their frontier. It was a fair land and the grass was still green despite the heat and the dryness of the air.
The Kada Elsun had come to the quaint kingdom of Sidrion because of a prophecy which foretold of the defeat of their master at the hand of Sidrion's royal heir and so they made swiftly to the royal palace of Sidrion which stood facing the Bay of Valos in the metropolis of Radrana.
Sidrion's palace was a proud building and many flags and banners fluttered from its turrets and its battlements. Whenever the Kada Elsun passed by people, from the youngest babe to the oldest crone, felt cold within and lifeless, despite this they were given admittance to the palace for they said they were envoys and Sidrion's monarch dared not refuse the envoys of the lord of Girdan.
On that day there were no more then eight of the Kada Elsun in the palace of Radrana and yet all of the guards, the servants, the courtiers and the members of the royal family were slain and the Kada Elsun claimed Sidrion in the name of their Master and they ruled over that place and transformed it into a place of evil and darkness.
By order of Lord of Elsun the temples of Sidrion were razed and in their place shrines dedicated to him were constructed and the lord of Girdan and Sidrion was  greatly pleased for the prophecy could not come to pass.
When those two nations were ready the rest of the free world would fall before the might of his armies' which the Kada Elsun would lead and forever the world would be his.
By the grace of the gods this was not so however, for one heir of the throne of Sidrion still survived. Truly battle will soon be joined and thanks to devine providence  the free kingdoms will be led by this heir and if the gods judge humanity worthy he will save us all from the horror that awaits us should we fall victim to the Lord of Girdan and Sidrion and his hosts'. 
© Copyright 2008 Stephen (steo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1440349-The-Horsemen-of-the-East