*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1440417-Iris-Chapter-VIII
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #1440417
Chapter 8 of Iris. Inspired by KH and the song by Goo Goo Dolls. Please leave feedback.
Her insecurities became alive making her heart beat faster. The man on the tall chair looked down on her, she was nothing but a warrior to him. A puppet for him to control. There were waves of hatred tumbling over and under her thoughts as he smiled in sick greed. The man sitting next to him with his head bowed caught her eye. She no longer felt angry, something inside her began to ache instead. She held the stare for what felt like forever, just waiting for him to look at her. The seconds ticked by. Look at me…Please
There was a breaking of stone from behind her. She was running low on time. Through the mist of smashed up rock came the beast. Tall and metallic, a dragon with a spear shrieked into the purple sky. Infinity gazed, speechless upon the face of hell. Her heart beat faster with every one of its movements, each one sleek and creepy to hide in its shadows.
“Oh…my-” she began, clutching her chest as the beast let out a blood curdling cry. She slapped her hand over her ears and dived behind a rock. I’m not afraid, I’m not afraid. The creature cried again. She gasped and held her hands tighter against her ears. It’s a dragon…a beast of fire. She thought to herself. If the answer seemed so obvious why hadn’t she thought of it earlier? Deciding to worry about that later, she climbed to the top of the rock and stared the creature in the eye.
“I’m not ready to die,” she whispered to it, still staring, not daring to blink.
Please hear me, don’t let anything bad happen.
© Copyright 2008 AnsiStar (dybim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1440417-Iris-Chapter-VIII