*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1440580-What-to-do-on-the-21st-birthday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · None · #1440580
Her 21st birthday is coming and she does the unthinkable
As soon as I got to work, I opened my email. A lot of messages stacked over the weekend. I know I had to answer to all the emails but I decided to scan the names of the senders. One name stood out. Jake.

Jake and I met in college. Now, don't get me wrong, we're just friends. We never dated [not exclusively], we never kissed, and we never, well, we never dated. We are just very good friends. We pig out together, we watch movies. He hangs out at my apartment, I hang out at his. We are just friends.

But we haven't seen each other in a very long time. So, when I saw his name in my email, I opened it at once [even before the work emails].

"Your birthday's coming up. Wanna throw a party or something?" the email said.

My birthday. I forgot all about it. Do I want to throw a party? I don't think so.

"I don't know," I typed, "I don't think I want to be surrounded by a lot of people this year." I press send.

Wanna throw a party or something? I really don't know. I already tried that last year. I ended up with stains all over the carpet. I don't want to go through all that again, thank you very much.

A chatbox opened. "Why not?' It was Jake. He is online.

"I don't want to do the cleaning," I typed.

"Then I'll do the cleaning."

"No, thank you."

"Okaay... What do you want to do?" Good question. Unfortunately, I have no idea. I tried something ridiculous just to get him off my back. He can sometimes be a little relentless.

"I want to go away for the weekend," I'm sure he'll laugh it off.

"Okay, then let's" Excuse me? Did I read that right? I was so surprised with what he said that he was able to send another message.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Are you crazy?" I asked. I think he is crazy.

"Where. Do. You. Want. To. Go?"

"I was kidding."
© Copyright 2008 vanessangel (vanessangel214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1440580-What-to-do-on-the-21st-birthday