*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441159-From-greed-to-lonliness
by rose
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1441159
A father losing his daughter to what he thought was a better life.
Alot of society's only reason to wake in the morning is for money - to go to a job that you hate, it makes you tired, depressed, sick... but hey, that brand new BMW will really impress the neighbours, or those long lost cousins you were always too busy to have lunch with.

Your daughter Cindy just turned 10, she has a dance performance, she has worked so hard to get the routine perfect, she wants you to be proud of her show... but your phone rings, its your boss, he needs you to come back to work ASAP, you will make a great bonus, you run to tell Cindy just before show time - Sorry baby, daddy will watch you next year.

She forgives you, but your boss doesn't for that important meeting you missed. You're fired.

Cindy has her own job by now, but you still see her at breakfast, that is, if she didn't have to go into work extra early that morning, Since when did she have her braces taken off? Who taught her to drive that car? You paid for it.. thats it.

Sorry dad, can't go to the hockey game with you tonight, the boss wants me to stay late.

Where does she even work?
© Copyright 2008 rose (jessicarose3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441159-From-greed-to-lonliness