*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441456-If-Only-For-One-Night-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1441456
Alanis meets Roger...sparks shall fly!!!
"Mom, everything is fine!" I was sitting in the warm sand on the beach on the phone with my insecure mother.

"Are you sure honey? I know its only been a month but...Oh I can't think of anything! I just miss you!"

"I miss you too mom but you're the one that pushed me out the house!"

"Yeah yeah. But hows college life freshman?"

"Nothing but classes and papers. And my crazy roommate who never talks. She even put up a screen between her side of the room and mine! Can you believe that! I mean how bad can the thing shes hiding be?"

"Maybe shes just really shy! Try to get to know her."

"Right..."

"I raised you better than that now Alanis! But anyway, meet any hot guys yet?"

"Mom!"

"What?! I know you have atleast one boy toy in that room of yours!"

"Nope."

"Whaaa!"

"I don't have time to be searching for 'boy toys'."

"Sure you do just drop that text book!"

"Well mom, I have to go pick up my book. Bye. Love you!" I closed my phone and gazed out at the ocean. Maybe shes right. College is about fun isn't it? I laid down on the sand and stared at the blue clear sky. Atleast I was at peace. To bad peace doesnt detect volleyballs!

"Owwww!" I jumped up from the sand and rubbed my hurt nose. I looked to my left and saw a group of guys laughing.

"Nice serve Rogs!" One of them coughed out while laughing.

"Which one of you bastards hit that!" I stormed over to them screaming. They all stopped laughing realizing how pissed I was.

"Um...That bastard would be me." The mysterious Rogs walked in front of me and looked me dead in the eyes. I couldn't help noticing the beautiful hazel color they were... "But I prefer to be called Roger. Rogs for short."

"Ok Roger. Why the hell did you hit me in the face with a fucking volleyball?!"

"Well, beautiful, me and my friends say you gracefully laying there and we thought that it would be funny to wake you up!"

"Really now. Well thanks alot." I started to walk away but Rogs grabbed my arm.

"I feel really bad now though. I really want to make it up to you. How about I take you to dinner."

"Hmmm...Lemme think about that...hell no!" I walked away again but now he has walking next to me.

"Come on! It'll make me feel much better."
"Maybe if you hadn't attacked me with a volleyball I would consider it." He walked with me all the way back to my dorm room.

"Please!"

"Ugh! You don't give up do you?"

"Only when I really want something." He smiled and I felt a little dizzy. "So whaddaya say?"

"Sorry. Still no."

*******

"Alanis...Wake Up!" I jumped up and saw Tiffany standing over me.

"Please dont kill me..." I said quietly.

"What? Anyway, some guy keeps throwing rocks at the window so I think its for you..."

"What?" I got out of bed and walked over to the window. And there was Roger throwing pebbles at my window. This guy just does not give up! I opened the window right when he was throwing and got hit in the head.

"Oww!"

"Shit! I'm sorry!"

"Why do you keep hurting me?!"

"Look I am sorry! But I just want to take you to dinner!"

"If I say yes will you finally stop attacking me?"

"I swear."

"Fine. Yes."
© Copyright 2008 write4thesoul07 (write4soul07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441456-If-Only-For-One-Night-Chapter-2