*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441842-A-NEUROTICS--HOMAGE-TO-HOME-SAFETY
Rated: E · Monologue · Comedy · #1441842
A NEUROTICS HOMAGE TO HOME SAFETY
Looking back now, the dye was cast from an early age.  My mother was fervently committed to transferring her deep seated survival anxiety to as many of her children as possible.  Being the youngest I was subject to a particularly concentrated barage of reminders everyday that my very existense was in absolute and immediate peril; that I could be snatched from this tenuous mortal coil via a myriad of brutal and bloody deaths or at least become hideously disfigured in the process.

To the untrained eye an average household can appear a completely benign and peaceful place. Children cavorting with the carefree grace that is there supposed birthright. The truth is unfortunately is a much different and far graver a reality. The average home is a veritable minefield of lost limbs, lost dreams and premature death.  Words can not adequately convey the risks that we are exposing ourselves and our children too each and every day. 

My only hope is to draw awareness to these issues in some small way.  If just one young life can be saved from an exruciatingly agonizing chemical exposure; if just one small childs' vision can be rescued from a protruding garden spike; if merciful Jesus, you could shine your light on one sweet innocent baby and prevent them from being squashed like an egg under the crushing weight of a portable stereo system- then maybe some of my pain would be made worthwhile. 

Be safe.  Please.
© Copyright 2008 Andrew McQuire (andrewmcquire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441842-A-NEUROTICS--HOMAGE-TO-HOME-SAFETY