*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1442226-False-Mechanic
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1442226
A work in progress
People say vampires are just legends right? Yeah like there are people out there really hunting you for blood… Maybe in our deepest fantasies we crave them to be real. I was never a believer until I became the victim of a drive-by, in fact it was the best moment in my life. 
         I’ll admit it was tragic getting shot five times but when I awoke the next day in intensive care and the FBI in my face I knew I was no longer normal. My name is Luna178… and I am a bio-experiment.


False Mechanic 

         I had just turned 17 and my friends thought it would be nice to see a premier at midnight for my party.  Emma and Joey had worked hard on this party so I wasn’t going to turn them down but I had this sinking feeling as I kissed my mom good-bye. I didn’t know it was the last time I’d see her as human.
         Well myself, Emma, Joey, and Miana loaded into Joey’s Mustang and headed for the theater. The night seemed harmless enough, the movie was about romance and I got sick of watching Joey and Emma make-out next to me and everything was ok. We left the theater at about three and headed home. About half-way to my house Joey’s car stated to sputter and soon we had to pull over. It was summer so it was way too hot to stay in the car so Miana and I stood on the side of the road while Joey and Emma walked to the gas station. About ten minutes past when gun fire shattered the peace of the night. Miana’s scream rang in my ears as I a pain ripped through my gut and I saw the blood on my hands. The world became a blur… it had to be the end.
         I had always hated the smell of hospitals so my nose wrinkled as the sickly odor of antiseptic wafted past. I put my hand up to rub my face but felt gauze.
         “Oh shit my eyes… I’m blind?” I started to pill at the bandages but a sturdy hand grabbed my own and a voice like velvet caressed me in the blackness.
         “You’re not blind but you don’t want to take those off just yet. Wait an hour, you’ll thank me.”
I couldn’t help but calm as whoever that guy was ran his thumb across my knuckles. His skin was callused but I didn’t mind the gentle roughness. It was nice, so soothing. I eased back into my pillow and I felt the weight lift off the mattress, a door clicked open then closed, he most have left. I let a sigh pass my lips. Where could I be, well yeah a hospital but where. There were at least four in the city I’m sure. I pulled at the gauze over my eyes as it started to itch. Slowly I wiggled it down and parted my eye lids. The light hit me and I screamed in agony. It felt like the light was tearing my cornea and burning my skull. The door opened in a rush and that velvet voice was back pushing gauze over my eyes.
         “What did I tell you?” He didn’t seem surprised one bit. He had that parental tone going reminding me of my father.
         “I’m sorry, it was itchy”
         “You’re the one suffering don’t apologize to me. Your body is still in recovery. You’re a very important girl now.”     
© Copyright 2008 Nicole Garrett (cocobutterfly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1442226-False-Mechanic