*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1443037-Collision
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1443037
Worlds colliding. The title is pretty self-explanatory.
We are all in orbit around something else. We are forever spinning, waiting for the inevitable to happen. One day, for all of us , it does. Whatever it is that we have been circling slowly all our lives, avoiding any contact with until this point, collides with us. It hits us right where we hurt the most, so hard that we can barely breathe, let alone think. Once we have crashed, there is no going back to the way we were before, because if we did, we would be eaten up inside by that feeling of everything that we have known calling out for change. So we do change. We put away all of the things that we held on to so dearly, the things that in truth were killing us, bit by agonizing bit. But once we have changed, and have never gone back to the old ways, we are all the better for it.
© Copyright 2008 Lyrical Faerie (charmedgirl3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1443037-Collision