*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1444585-The-Hurricane
by Mo-Mo
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1444585
A young girl who longs to saty in her village
I am Deriah. I have a little sister and we live in a smalll village out west. Today wasn't a very satisfying day. The news reporter said that we were going to have a hurricane in our little village. The news report was too late because before it ended, the power was gone. So now me, my sister, and my paents are sitting in he darkness. Since that was so boring we all just went to bed. The hurricane only passed through, so it was finished by the morning. when I came outof my room, I was so suprised! Water was everywhere and the whole house was flooded! We also had no roof (thanks to the hurricane) but most of our belonings were recovered because we had a metal locker which holds the most important stuff. Later on that morning me and my sister Dana went to go see if school was open. We brought our books just in case there was school. Fortunatly the school wasn't damaged at all. It standed strog the same way it always does. When school eneded and we went home, our parents told us that we were moving. My sister and I were not very happy about this becaue we wanted to stay with our friends.So tomorrow would be our last day of school. As we told our friends the bad news the next day they wwew not happy at all. They said that they were going to miss us and want us to visit sometime. When we came home, we instanlty packed our suitcases. i cried as iI packed pictures of my friends, things they gave me and etc. My sister wasn;t as sad as I was. She was happy that she would meet new people.Well after we packed our bags and put them in the car, we headed off to our new home in California.
© Copyright 2008 Mo-Mo (moniceea01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1444585-The-Hurricane