*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1444616-The-false-friend
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Dark · #1444616
how easy we can substitute our fellow human companionship
Darkness closes in offering to bring me warmth and peace. A false friend. I want to go to it but run far away. I am curious about its promise but fear it’s solemnly. My body quivers with excitement and uncertainty. My heart tells me to not be afraid but my mind tells me to turn and not look back. Anger takes over my entire body for I can not make a simple decision such as this. My body feels torn inside by the struggle going on. Decisions are unacceptable now. I want to set and wait for fate to come walking in--- maybe it knows which way to go. Tired from the battling, I just want to quit. Life will not allow that – it is too greedy. I keep you as long as it wants and throws you away without any conscience. O god help me make the right choice. All of the voices in my head telling me to do this and to do that --- make them stop. I will no longer do anything they say. I shall just sit and pray that it will be over soon.
© Copyright 2008 wendy jo dupler (wendyj441 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1444616-The-false-friend