*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1444670-Duchess-Thera--Chapter--4-5-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1444670
She has help from many people.
~Chapter 4 ~ Blood Brothers

         I climbed up onto the roof and was amazed at the clear view. It had stopped raining and the sky was a beautiful dark blue color. The stars danced madly in the sky and even a few ocean bird flew over. The plants had joined me this evening, still but alive. I walked to the edge and held tightly to the thick ledge. It came to about my stomach and so I had no great fear of accidentally falling off. I took a deep breath and smiled widely.

         “Well, well, well” I heard the dark voice behind me. “What do you want” I said coated in passionate rage and I turned around. “I want nothing special” he said, 5 dark ravens perched on the ledge about 30 feet from me. “Lovely too see you” I said sickly and the largest raven, snapped his beak. “Alone are we” Hajar asked and I glared.

         Before I could make a sound or say a word, they moved. Each black body took to the night air fluttering above the roof for several minutes. Then they all changed, each black body morphed into a pale body. They landed gracefully onto the roof, each one alike but different. The wind picked up and their hair fluttered past their eyes. Bare feet touched the cold concrete roof.

         Hajar was the leader, first in line always and he called the shots. He had long hair, that flew into his black eyes almost all the time, adding to his darkness. He had no shirt on and every scar from every fight could be seen. He wore loose black pants, that flapped wildly in the wind as did all their black pants. He’s black eyes focused on mine but it was hard not to find him appealing. He was the tallest and the roughest of the group.

         Merrick and Moritz were next in line both twins. Merrick had extremely short black hair while his brother had slightly longer black hair. To tell them apart also, was the Merrick had a scar over his right eye while Moritz had a scar over his left. Both from battles they had gotten into with only 2 people I knew.  Their black eyes looking at me intently and with pure hatred.

         Next was Perry who was the least important of the group. He had boyish hair that was spiky a bit at the top. He didn’t have bangs but each strand of spiky black hair could be seen moving in the wind. He had 2 “P” tattoo with a knife into his shoulders, just below his neck. He loved his name more then he loved anything else.

The most important was Dwain who came and took his place beside Hajar. He had long hair that danced wildly in the wind. 

         “Long time no see, Thera” Dwain said and I felt chills form on my skin. “Yes, I suppose it has been but not long enough for me though” I said trying to cover the fear with humor. “Don’t play games with me” he said narrowing his eyes and I smiled. “Oh, why not I love playing games” I said taking a step back.

         Dwain was the killer of the group. He was designed and made to kill. In fact his passion was just that but he had room in there for one more passion. Me, to feel my blood and to hear me scream. He never said but he never really had to.

         Together they formed the Blood Brother’s, together they were after me and together they were stronger.



~Chapter 5 ~ Falling

                I had one chance to do this right or else I was a dead. I took several steps back until I felt the railing press into my skin. The leader stepped forward toward me when he saw me back up. I smiled softly and watching his body move.

         “What did Rocco say about not coming up here alone” Hajar said and I found it hard to swallow. “Too bad you didn’t listen to him” Mortiz said sickly and I felt my head spin in fear as the leader took another step toward me. “Too bad he’s downstairs still watching television” Dwain said all of them stepping forward. “Too bad” Hajar said leaping toward me with everything he had.

         I had a second to react and I jumped over the railing. I was falling down toward the concrete sidewalk below. I looked up and caught a glimpse of the Blood Brother’s looking at me in pure surprise. I looked toward the apartment and knew I had one change to find me voice. The 5 raven’s were after me, diving through the wind to reach me.

         “Rocco” I screamed loudly with all the strength and voice I had.

         I folded my arms to my chest and closed my eyes. Praying that the concrete reached me before the Blood Brother’s did. I wanted to die that way then to die their way. In that second of the pray I heard glass shatter and a loud cry of a raven go up.

         My plummet was slowed and I felt arms wrap around me. I opened my eyes and saw the handsome Rocco, holding tightly to me. I saw his beautiful red colored wings, extend out from his shoulders. He looked amazing and he slowly lowered me down to the sidewalk. His wife was above, fighting off the ravens, as a hawk. They were both small dots against the sky and lightening flashed in behind them. The storm had reached us now and I felt the ground below my feet.

                “Go, to her” I said as I watched Rocco’s saddened expression, as he watched Zephira fight off 5 black crows. “I shall meet you at the meeting place” he said hugging me tightly. “Go” I whispered and he too morphed into a complete Hawk, taking to the skies. “Run, run as fast as you can, Thera” he hollered and I took of running, obeying.


~Chapter 6 ~ Run!

              The rain started pouring and the skies turned to a black grey. It gave me no comfort and I continued to run. My feet were pounding the ground as I rushed past empty apartment buildings and empty streets. It was hard to believe that all of this took place during the night and during the day, it was filled with humans. I closed my eyes and continued to run as fast as I could.

         Soon I heard the rhythm of more feet joining mind. The wind howled and I looked over to my left. A mass of black fur was running beside me and I felt a slimmer of fear run through my veins. The creature looked at me a moment and I felt that discomfort erase immediately.

         The wolf was twice the size of a medium size dog. He was covered in black fur and his yellow eyes danced in the flashes of lightening. Each paw pounded the ground and he kept next to me well. Each muscle was defined on his body and several scars could be seen. He looked straight ahead and occasionally looked at me.

         Soon we hit 1st street and crossed a small bridge, into an enormous field. The grass was freshly cut and slippery when I ran. I nearly lost my footing several times and the wolf as very worried about me, when I did. Each and every time I could catch my balance again and we continued running. I wasn’t as fearful for my safety, as much as I was for my protectors fighting the ravens.

         We crossed another bridge and into the woods. The sky flashing with lightening every second and the clouds turned black. Rumbled and bangs of thunder, kept the adrenaline fresh in my body and I kept moving fast. Tree branches smacked against my face, cutting my skin. The trees were huge and I did everything in my power to avoid hitting one. Breathing was becoming impossible but I knew stopping would end horribly. Rocco and Zephira were fighting to give me time to find safety. Messing up with put our lives and what they had been fighting for, to dust.

         We suddenly came to a dead halt. Out in front of us was the most horrific scene I had seen almost all day. A huge ocean was before us and the other part of the island was through the water. Waves splashed up onto the cliff. I didn’t expect the water to be this high but I had no choice. I looked at the wolf, who seemed a little taken back by the size. I closed my eyes and ran, jumping off the cliff and landing in the water with a splash. The waves wanted to take me with them and I soon found my strength fading.

         I wanted to give up and stop fighting. I slowly started letting go of the fight inside of me and then I felt something. Huge teeth were buried into my arm and was pulling me toward the surface. I let out a water cry and then when I found air I screamed even louder. The wolf slowly released his grip on me and we swam. We swam with every muscle we had and we finally found land. I was exhausted and my body ached terribly. The wind howled loudly and the storm only grew that much more in strength.

         We continued to run, or really jog not finding strength at the moment too. We entered the woods and after getting struck in the face harder then ever before, blood dripping we began to run again. The wolf kept watching me and I kept my eyes ahead. Suddenly we broke out into a field and was greeted to a wondrous sight. A huge dark looking barn could be seen when the lightening streaked across the sky. We were so close to safety now and I found the last bit of strength I need. We ran across the field, with grass so tall it reached my hips and the wind made it look like an ocean itself. We watched it dance and makes waves. Soon the barn was before us and we entered.

Safety, we had made it!
© Copyright 2008 ~ForeverWolf~ (foreverwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1444670-Duchess-Thera--Chapter--4-5-6