*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446207-The-Commando
Rated: E · Other · Mystery · #1446207
He's a commando on a mission...
Please rate and review to let me know what you think of this piece!

The Commando


He moves quickly and quietly through the grass. His body flows with a solid, smooth motion. Strong muscles ripple with each step.

He sees a movement out of the corner of his eye and quickly freezes. He keeps his ears alert listening to each sound. Waiting, till all is quiet again. When everything is still he then steps forward moving quickly in and out of trees. Stopping every few feet to see if he has been discovered.

He is grateful for camouflage, given to him by his best friend, for with out it he would be exposed to the eyes of anyone looking for him. He continues forward in his slow movements. Each step has a purpose and moves him closer to his goal.

He stops for just a moment and sniffs the air. He smells something. Suddenly, the need to hurry enters his mind. An adrenalin rush flows into his blood stream. He moves faster. Almost running. He must hurry!

“There he is. I knew this scent would bring him. He just can't pass it up can he?” They laugh as he moves forward unable to stop himself. He has been hypnotized by the smell. He is doomed. His cover is blown. Trapped the oldest trick in the book!

“That's my buddy,” proudly states his best friend. “He's my little commando dog.”

The commando is then rewarded with a juicy piece of meat, which satisfies his hunger. Until, the next mission....







Judah is a Golden Retriever who thinks he is a commando. His favorite pass time is to hang out with his best friend, play ball or just walk around his land and protect his loved ones. His only weakness....food. Oh, and by the way, he absolutely loves his camouflage collar. He says that it gives him an edge when he's in the woods.
© Copyright 2008 Rebel G (soaringeagles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446207-The-Commando