*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446457-A-confession
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #1446457
My first attempt at creating a series of stories. Let me know what you think!
He stared at her intently and stated honestly: "I just wanted to see you before I leave for my business trip to Brunei tomorrow."

She smiled inwardly. "I don't know how to respond to that, so I should just ignore it," she thought to herself. Busying herself with examining the menu. She finally looked up.

"I'm ready to place my order. I'm famished!"

Not letting that get to him, he immediately signaled to the waiter. After placing both their orders, he turned to her again, without missing a beat, asked: "What do you think people at work will think if they found out that we've been hanging out after work hours?"

"Can you be less obvious at work?" was her immediate retort.

Rebuked, he was silent for a few seconds. "I'm praying about you," he said in a quiet voice.

Completely floored by his admission, and not knowing how to respond to that, she took the coward's way out and feigned ignorance yet again. "Darn, what am I supposed to say? Does he expect a reaction," she asked herself.

Before she could even say anything, he said it again, softer, this time, "I'm praying about you." Summoning up his courage, he continued, "Are you?"

"I would like to tell him that I find myself very attracted to him, yet I know that I shouldn't start anything pre-maturely. The covenant I made with God, and the promise I made to Him and my dad to remain single for the next six months, I want to keep. I must tell him about that."

"I understand"

"Whoa I tell him that and with his simple answer..... this is a guy that has strength of character... "

Wanting him to be completely sure of where she stood, she told him, maintaining eye contact, "I confess that I'm praying about you too. However, I do not want to rush headlong into another relationship. I don't want to repeat previous mistakes. Not to scare you off, I just want you to know that the next guy I go out with, I want to work towards marriage. So give me some time to really evaluate and pray."

With his gaze steady, he re-iterated: "I understand and I can wait."
© Copyright 2008 sammie bows to Queen mentor (renascent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446457-A-confession