*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446534-Vegas-Moment
Rated: E · Other · Satire · #1446534
Short piece about winning in lovely Las Vegas
It was my first trip to Las Vegas.  I was there for a conference with a few of my colleagues.  I'm not a gambler, in fact, I don't even buy lottery tickets, however, on one fateful night, I decided to accompany two co-workers to the casino to try my hand. 

I found myself a nice nickel machine and settled in.  With Lady Luck hovering over my shoulder, I won 70 nickels, and then to my own amazement, I won an overwhelming 288 nickels a few minutes later. Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Wow, what luck you have!” Luck indeed. I was the winner of $18.00!

After cashing in my enormous winnings and knowing I needed to be up very early (5 a.m.), and discovering it was rather late (1:15 a.m.), I decided to make my way to my room. Lugging my now heavy purse, I caught the elevator to the 26th floor. Before climbing into the very comfy bed, I decided to call the front desk to schedule a wake up call to make sure I was awake at 5 a.m., yes that's 5 a.m. A quick glance at the clock informed me it was 1:45 a.m. I sighed and picked the phone. When the very cheerful woman answered I said, “I would like to schedule a wake up call for 4 a.m. please.” She replied, “No problem. Enjoy your nap.”
© Copyright 2008 dc-musing (amybethe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446534-Vegas-Moment