*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446699-The-Armor-of-God-Had-Something-Missing
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1446699
An Experience with God
Just a week before, I was reminded of our state. My father had a heart attack. 5 arteries were removed from his legs to replace what was damaged in his heart. He was in L.A. He couldn't work for the time being. He had to rest. That came in when I was just thinking of how to fix another problem - a trouble caused by my own irresponsibility. A day after that my mother informed me that we had very limited resources because of what happened to my Dad. I was compelled to go back to my University and ask for an Honorable Dismissal. I was completely crushed. I didn't know what to do. It was like fighting a never-before-defeated beast when I was still an amateur warrior. I was lying on the ground, stunned, bleeding. His claws are already on my throat. I had not mustered enough courage to even look him in the eye. No, I wasn't just lying on the ground, I've already hit rock bottom.

Now I had two options. Either I stay lying on my back and wait for the "inevitable" or I do something, think of a way of how I could fight. It was more comfortable waiting, but I thought, "Didn't Somebody promise me something more would happen? No, this is not for me, not in the long shot! If I do something now, it would be worth the risk!" It started that way. I found myself looking into the eyes of the beast!

In Ephesians 6:10-18 (The Armor of God), equipment were complete:a helmet, a breast plate, a belt for sheathing, boots, a shield and the Sword. You may not notice it, but something was missing. A knife perhaps? No. An extra weapon or a bow and arrows to avoid close quarter combat? Nah.. A cape? Not really. What on earth is missing?!

The Armor of God, it dawned on me, offered protection except for your rear. Does that mean our butts are not worth protecting? That's not the point. Think about this: We aren't bred for retreat. The armor was not made for turning our backs. "No retreat. No surrender. That is Spartan Law," says King Leonidas. I could almost hear him say, "That is Christian Law!" There is no way that a Christian should be afraid as to just always look back, regret what he's done and stop moving. We are to stand up and continue looking forward. In the book Leadership Secrets of Jesus, Mike Murdock said "Stop looking at where you have been and start looking at where you are going... Jesus did." There is always a way. If there isn't God will make a way. We are not made for defeat. Our surrender is for God alone, not for our troubles. We are destined for victory.

Realizing this, I fought for it. Yesterday,I talked to my parents one last time. I asked for reconsideration. I didn't want to transfer to a school I didn't like. Guess what? I got what I prayed for. Not only what I prayed for, but more than that. My Dad quickly recovered from his operation. So fast it was deemed miraculous. My sword found its way into the innards of the beast. I was scarred, but victorious.

No matter how fallen you are, God will always provide opportunities to win. This may sound religious, but don't you think we should stick to the truth? If my God delivered me I do not find any reasons not to testify.

What was missing in the armor of God made it complete. Just as He Who is Unseen made my life fulfilled... even more than fulfilled.
© Copyright 2008 Rob Sunder (robsunder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446699-The-Armor-of-God-Had-Something-Missing