*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447533-My-Life-at-35
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1447533
This is a story about how I think my life will be at the age of 35.
“Mommy!” Is the first thing I hear as I’m slowly awakening from a deep sleep.  “Mommy, it’s time to get up.”  There she goes again. My four-year-old daughter, Lillian, loves to wake me up in the morning.  I carefully open my eyes, just in case she’s there to scare me, like she does quite often.
“Mommy, are you up yet?” 
“Yes honey, mommy’s up. Where did daddy go?”
“He went to the store to get milk.”
I begin to sit up in my king sized bed, with my cozy light blue, down comforter still all wrapped around me.  Lillian climbs up onto my bed and crawls over to me, with her strawberry blond curls swishing in her face.  She looks at me, smiles, and reaches out to give me a big bear hug.
“What was that for honey?”
“Nothing, I just wanted to let you know I love you mommy,” she says ever so innocently.
“What did you do Lilly?”
“Nothing mommy.”
“Ok, fine, I love you too sweat heart. Now lets go wake up your brothers.”
Lilly jumps off my bed and runs out the door into the hallway.  She quietly tiptoes into Jonhathon and Everett’s room. “Brothers, it’s time to get up!” she yells at them.  I decide I should probably get up now, before Lilly’s screaming wakes up Madison. I get up out of my warm bed and walk into the boy’s room.  Just as I get there I see Lilly climbing on top of Johnathon’s bed and beginning to jump on it.  “Lilly, stop!!” screams Johnathon. “Mom tell her to stop, I’m up, I’m up.”
“OK, Lilly stop jumping, and get off Johnathon’s bed.” Just as I say that I hear Madison crying in her crib.
“Johnathon I’m going to go check on Madison, make sure Everett gets up, and both of you get dressed.  Lilly leave them alone now, so they can get ready.”
I walk out of my sons’ room and go across the hallway to Madison’s room.  Her face is pink from crying so much. I reach my warm hand down to her cheek and gently touch it. She’s just so innocent and peaceful looking now as her beautiful baby blue eyes stare up into mine. I begin to think that just soon enough she’ll be waking me up in the morning with her big sister. I gently pick her up to see if she needs a diaper change, but she doesn’t so I decide to go downstairs to feed her.  As I’m leaving Madison’s room Lilly comes up to me. “What’s wrong with her mommy?”
“She’s hungry, do you want to come downstairs with us? I’ll make you breakfast after I feed her.”
“ Ok,” Lilly tells me.
The three of us walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. I sit Madison in her high chair as I get out her formula and baby food. I still can’t believe that she is going to be one in a few months. I had her a month before my 35th birthday, so that was a nice early birthday present. As I’m getting out Madison’s baby food, I hear the back door open and in walks my extremely handsome husband.  He’s six foot two, with wavy dirty blond hair, emerald green eyes, and the most enchanting smile ever.  He works at a law firm in town and happens to be one of the most successful lawyers there.  We met while we were in college, and have been together ever since. He comes over to me, gives me a kiss and says, “Good morning beautiful.” Just then the boys come downstairs all dressed for school. I hand them their lunches and kiss them on the cheek, as they leave with their father.  I clean up the mess Lilly made with her breakfast, and tell her to go upstairs and get dressed as I clean up Madison’s mess.  I can finally get to work. 
I pick Madison up out of her high chair and carry her into my office.  I set her down in her playpen, and I take a seat at my desk.  I have two projects due today and I haven’t started either of them yet.  I get up and walk over to my cabinet that holds all of my equipment.  My job, if you’re wondering, is a jewelry designer. I have been making jewelry since I was in middle school, and I’ve known since then that is what I want to do with my life. I was going to open up a boutique, which I still plan to do one day, but as of now I work at home. I don’t mind that though since I get to make my own hours still, and I also get to be a stay at home mom.  I begin making the jewelry for my clients, as I get done with the first set of jewelry Lilly walks into my office. “Mommy can we go outside to play for a little bit, it’s really pretty outside?” she asks me.
“Yes sweetheart, I’ll take a break for a little bit so we can play. Can you go get Madison’s jacket and shoes for me?”
“Yes I can,” she says with a little grin on her face.
I take the girls outside to play for a while. As I’m sitting there with the warm sun glowing on my face, I can’t believe how my life has turned out. To be sitting in the backyard of my gorgeous white, two-story house, watching my daughters play, knowing that I have everything I have wanted is just an amazing feeling. My life has turned out just how I planned it to.
© Copyright 2008 Kathryn Elizabeth (darling7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447533-My-Life-at-35