*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447874-The-Birth-of-a-Waterfall
by Mia
Rated: E · Other · Nature · #1447874
The beauty of Nature.
I gaze into the cool, crystal clear water of this immense river.  I see the endless treasures that it holds within its grip.  The rocks of many shapes and sizes.  The smooth mud at its bottom and the array of different colored plant life.  This river holds a lot of life within its shores.  From the fish and creatures that call it home, to the insects that briefly fly down to its welcoming water.
I listen to all the sounds around me.  I can hear the birds singing in the trees and the land animals that are too small to be seen, but I know that they are there.  I hear the creatures of the water as well.  The fish as they splash to the surface, the frogs and toads as they serenade one another and the insects that buzz overhead.  But most of all, I hear the voice of the river.
I hear it as its edge laps against the shores.  I hear its voice speaking softly to me.  It churns and bubbles over rocks that are not fully hidden within its depths.  Its voice increases in intensity as I follow its flowing course.  It becomes louder and stronger.  It is becoming more like a roar.
I realize that the river has changed its nature.  It has become more active and more beautiful.  It is now more intense and moving much faster than before.  Its force is stronger now.  I watch as the river changes its life.  Its speed has increased.  It rushes forward, causing large splashes of diamond like drops as it crashes itself  against larger rocks.  It churns with such intensity that the water itself foams with excitement.  I watch as leaves and debris are swept helplessly along.  The sounds here have changed as well.  Although the birds still sing and the insects still buzz overhead, the roar of the river is loud enough to drown out their voices.  The river is now like a ferocious lion.  With a roar that matches the increased beating of my own heart. 
I am filled with a rush of excitement but at the same time, I am filled with fear.  To step into the river now would be a risk too great to take.  I know that I’d be swept away like the leaves within its powerful force.  The rapids are beautiful to look upon but deadly to fall within their grasp.
I continue to follow the ever-changing course of the river and come to the edge of a great precipice.  The river has once again changed its life.  It flows with more speed and power.  Its force here is as strong as it will ever be.  I stand here at the top and gaze down.  All my senses come alive and the sheer beauty of the sights below captivate me.  I have witnessed the birth of one of God’s most beautiful creations.  A waterfall.
The churning water mesmerizes me as it falls over the precipice to the waiting pool below.  The rush, the roar and the intensity cause me to feel such wondrous feelings.
I find a place that will give me safe passage down to the valley and I use it to follow the waterfall.  I am so close to it, that the cool water that splashes against the rocks is caressing my warm skin continually.  The roar of the waterfall and the beating of my own heart drown out all other sounds around me.  Although the decent is long and treacherous I feel such peace take hold of me.  The fear that was once in my heart has been replaced with a warm calming feeling.  I feel at one with the waterfall.
When I reach the valley floor below, I look up and stand there breathless.  I am fully captivated by the sight before me.  Beyond the rush and power, is something so beautiful and alive that my eyes cannot seem to look away.  I feel so very much alive and at peace.
I watch as the water falls.  Its speed is intense and its voice is so loud.  I watch as the water caresses each rock.  Foaming at impact but only briefly.  I watch as it meets the inviting pool below.  It crashes down and with each rush of water; it sprays diamond like drops into the sunshine.  In amongst the spray a rainbow of soft colours appears.  A vision that is too magical and beautiful to ignore.  No mere words could ever describe it.
No words can now explain the feelings that have taken hold of me.  All I know for certain is that I am filled with a great amount of love, happiness and peace.
The waterfall, so powerful and beautiful has left me feeling breathless.  God’s work of art that changes with each season and has yet to be duplicated.  A magical wonder that fills your heart and soul as it fills the awaiting pool below it.  You can close your eyes and relive it all in your imagination.  Its grace, beauty, speed and power.
I turn to walk away and find it difficult to do so but I must continue with my journey.  I am reluctant to leave this waterfall and all the wonders that it holds.  I turn back once, and am instantly captivated by its beauty.  The sounds are once again different but the sight is the same.  Intense, beautiful and at the same time peaceful.
I walk away, not with a heavy heart but one filled with the waterfall itself.  I will carry the sights and sounds with me always.  I leave the physical waterfall behind but within myself I will carry the memories with me always.  To cherish and look at whenever I need that peaceful feeling.  To dream about on those long nights ahead and to love forever.
© Copyright 2008 Mia (tigermlp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447874-The-Birth-of-a-Waterfall