*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448146-Potty
Rated: 13+ · Other · Comedy · #1448146
This is an unfinished short story of mine.
My mother told me to always squat. Never to place my full ass (Doo-pah) on to the toilet seat. She was from Taiwan, where they shit in holes or, if fancier, toilets that dont have any chairs, just a urinal planted on the ground. When she moved to America, she was confused at the fancy chairs with wholes in the middle. What was she supposed to do in this room, eat there? She would sometimes mutter when escorting me to the toilet when I was little. I never understood this philosophy, being born and raised in America. When she wasnt around, I would always sit down on the toilet. Experiencing the ease and relaxation of sitting while I did my buisness.
But I sat one too many times. Someone didnt aim correctly, which landed me in the woes of a Urinary Tract Infection. Even worse, I was still on my mother's healthcare. So the cat was out of the bag. She glared at me, dissapointedly. I could've whiped wrong, been a complete whore, or worse, didnt squat. I can feel the seething disapproving glare. I was the reason she had to clean the toilet seat, I was the reason so many trees died for seat covers. I walked out, took her car (I was twenty years old, I was just a bum.) and drove to the clinic. My doctor, to my horror, was the splitting image of my father. A man as pink as Barbies shoes, with a short brown haircut, and hideously unstylish sideburns. (Would've been stylish on someone 30 years younger.) "Okay Ms. Chang, spead them." I decided to get a pap-smear while there, since I could get a UTI from sitting, I could other horrible diaseases. The inspection commenced, with awkwardness. I could just imagine him spurting out quotes. "You have a UTI, aye?" He was even Canadian, just like Pa. This was too scary to be true, "Can I have another Doctor?"
"Ms.Chang, I ensure you I'm not getting any pleasure from giving you an exam."
Pleasure!? This caused me to shake and sweat at the idea. "No... You j-just.. remind me of my Dad?" I made this sound as a question after he hit a sensitive area. He flicked his eyes away at the wall, as in a way of laughing at a funny situation. I give a nervous smile and a shrug, he took off his gloves with an understanding grin.
"I understand ya know?"
Damn Canadian.
So I went home that day with a bag of pills that, If I dont drink enough water, will turn my kidneys into crystals or something. If I were more crafty, I bet I could make one of my solid kidneys into a nice diamond. How sheik would that be? A kidney dangling off of my ear, or as a toering. If I ever hit a soccer ball with it on it could be recorded in history! I was pondering this goal, clutching the prescription bag in glory of the final goal made. My mother was in the living room knitting chrysthanthanum, giving me a glare only 60 years of taiwanease oppresion can form. I drop the pill weighted bag on the counter, take off my jersey jacket, enter the kitchen. I could hear my mother in the other room knitting.I return to the living room with one of those fake-o bak-o television dinners. I unpeel the wrapper with a final rip, sending the plastic cover hovering away. Another wrong doing, My mother worked in a factory that made TV dinners. Everytime a machine missed the tray with the plastic sheet, My mom needed to scoop it up and put it back into the fell down box, where they put it back into the machine. This happened often, and it gave my mother backproblems. I did this little plastic jumpoff in vein of her worsening back. She gave me a smirk at my little lunchbox rebellion. "I told you so.." could of cooed out of her buck teeth.
© Copyright 2008 Bryan Melhuish (bryanthelion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448146-Potty