*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448574-Shadow-Continued
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Desire
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1448574
The continuation of Shadow. (WinP) (Long)
Author's Note: Because of Free Membership space. Starts after Ying's cell rings.

……………*On the phone* (Author POV……………………

“Hello.”
“Ying where are you? Kai and me are already done and back home.” Came Yang’s voice.
“We are still at Kats and have yet to get our masks, why?”
“Because Kai wants to be gone by time you and Kage doesn’t see him.”
“Have you found out why he doesn’t what to be seen by her yet?”
“No, all he said was that they had met before and then he told me to drop the subject. Kage know anything about meeting him?”
“Nope. She says that she has only known demons, you, her dad, and me. But she did go through a lot of training with us. She probably met him before she knew how to sense other demons.” Ying said.
“Yeah that is true,” he said.
“Bing-o! I have a plan. When we are close to home I will call and you have Kai go out to the waterfall because I am sure Kage will go there when we get back.”
“Doesn’t that mean that they will see each other? Kai doesn’t want that to happen Ying.”
“Yes I know, but Kage and Kai have met before. Plus they seem to be so compatible and both happen to be single.”
“Ying, I know what you are thinking and no. No way will this work and we just can’t do that to them. They seem to be just fine with being single,” Yang said bluntly to his sister.
“Come on Yang grow some backbone. We both know that they need somebody with them and it is pretty much your fault the Heiko left, so Kage needs someone new.”
“What do you mean that I am the one who made Heiko leave? All I did was tell him that he was a quarter monk and that many years ago monks and mikos hunted demons. How was I supposed to know how he would act? Plus Kage doesn’t seem to be the type to just go out with someone she doesn’t know.”
“Yang you don’t know if you don’t try. Please, pretty please… I’ll do something for you.” Ying said trying to bargain with her brother.
“Really, like what?”
“Well I happen to know that you like my friend Roxy, the fox demon. How about I hook you two up?”
“Fine, but if we get busted then it is all your fault. Plus Roxy has pure spirit and there is nothing wrong with liking that.”
“Thank you Yang. I’ll call when we leave.”
“Sure thing.”
Click.

“Hey Ying,” I said as she walked back towards me. “Who was on the called?”
“Oh it was just Yang,” Ying said. “He was wondering why we weren’t back yet.”
“Okay, well I found the perfect mask for you.” I said holding it up for her to take. “ It is the same seafoam color as your dress and the two aqua gems on each side of the eyeholes look amazing with it.”
“That’s great, because my date is going to be wearing an aqua mask and his vest is of the same color.”
“Wait a minute,” I inject. “You have a date? Who is it? Is it anyone I would know?”
“Well you’ll just have to see now, won’t you?” she says in a teasing manner. “Plus Yang doesn’t even know I am bring a date but because I am hooking him up with Roxy he won’t really care to notice.”
“Are you telling me that I am going to be the only one without a date tomorrow night?” I ask feeling a little shocked and dejected at the same time.
“Well you never know who you may meet in the next 24 hours,” Ying stated.
“Ying, I don’t have 24 hours. The ball is tomorrow night.”
“Well you still need a mask and you never know, maybe you will meet someone before hand,” she said.
“Whatever you say. What about this one?” I asked as I picked up a midnight blue mask with silver sparkles around the eyeholes and the rim of the entire mask.
“That would go great,” Ying stated excited. “I will go and pay.”
“I can pay for my dress and mask you know,” I tell Ying as she starts to walk toward the checkout.
“You have been training for the last three and half months you can’t have that much money to just spend,” Ying said off-handily.
“You’re right I have been in training for three and a half months,” I said. “Which means that I haven’t spent any of the money I had for that period of time.”
“Well think of it as a gift then. Plus I have a discount card from being a frequent shopper, ” she told me as she handed the items to the lady at the register.
“Fine but only this once understand,” I said to her. After she nodded I went to wait for her outside of the store. While I was waiting all the all the guys gave me the look over and their girlfriends just glared at me.
‘Like I care what you people think about me. I am myself and proud to be that way… just because you can’t keep your body in shape doesn’t mean I want your lame guys with their of-course-I-only-think-of-you-even-if-I-am-cheating-on-you-with-your-best-friend attitude. Jeez what do these people take me for… a slut.’ I reached up and stopped Ying’s hand from waving in front of my face.
“I see you Ying,” I said releasing her hand. “Are you ready to go?”
“Yeah I just need to make a quick stop in the restrooms before we go.”
“Okay give me the bags and hurry up I want to get back,” I said. “I have something to think about so I will be going straight to the waterfall.”
“Fine, I’ll be quick about it,” Ying said. She passed me the bags with our dresses and masks in them then headed toward the restrooms.

…………………………Ying’s POV ……………………………

As I walked out of Katz I saw that Kage was lost in thought so I started to wave my hand in front of her face to get her attention. She caught my hand and asked if I was ready to leave. I told her that I had to run to the restroom really quick and gave her the bags to hold. As I headed toward the restrooms I pulled out my cell phone and dialed the shrine.
“Hello, Free Spirit Shrine, this is Yang.” I heard my brother say into the phone.
“Yang it’s me. We are going to be leaving once I get off the phone with you, so the plan is a go.”
“What about your part of the deal?” Yang asked.
“I’ll call her tonight, I got to go.” Click.
I headed out to get Kage and then we headed home.
‘I hope this works’ I thought to myself while Kage drove back to the shrine.
© Copyright 2008 Desire (desire_kage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448574-Shadow-Continued