*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1450660-Madisons-Story
by Callie
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1450660
I want an opinion about this. I am wondering if I should continue writing it.
         Madison was sitting on her chestnut gelding, Yankee. Something shifted in the foreground, Madison kicked with her heels and Yankee took off. The mountain lion leapt at Yankee. Yankee reared throwing Madison off.
         Madison got up and ran home. She leapt over the creek and galloped over the bridge. She went up the steps two at a time and ripped open the door to the mansion. She ran panting all the way into the kitchen where she landed with a thud on a barstool.
         “Hey Maddie. How was your ride?” Madison’s mom asked her.
         “I…ran…all…the…way…home… after…Yankee…bucked me….off.” Madison gasped for breath.
         “Why did he buck you off?” Her mom continued the twenty question game.
         “…Mountain lion…” Madison said panting.
         “A mountain lion? Seriously? Where?” She was relentless to give up the game.
         “Up on the mountain. After the river.” Madison said, she had finally caught her breath.
         “All right. I will tell your father. But Madison, there is something I need to tell you.”
         “Um. Okay.” Madison said rather unsure of what to say.
         “Your father and I just cannot get along. We’re getting a divorce. The process is going to be a messy one so your father and I decided that it is better to send you to boarding school.” Her mother explained.
         “Well…thank you, Mom. It is obvious you only have my best interest at heart. I thank you for that.”
© Copyright 2008 Callie (pearlsnponys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1450660-Madisons-Story