*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1450849-Its-Never-To-Become
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1450849
I never meant for it to end this way...
I touched his face lightly with the very tips of my fingers as the blood slowly dripped out of his mouth. He coughed and my heart broke at the sound, the life slowly fleeing his cold body.

My love... I never meant for it to end this way, but you left me with no choice.

He coughed again staring into my eyes with such love, trust and pain I've ever seen. I know you don't have long until we are parted for ever so I cherish every moment that passes. My heart aches for you, if only I could steal your pain.

The events of earlier that night faded into memory as I held you against me. I had tried to run from you all, I regret it now. Deep down I knew I would never escape from your love... Not that I ever wanted to. Your anger frightened me when you dragged me back, you put your hand on my neck and squeezed until darkness almost over took me.

The others had been out most of the night and were still out when the yelling started. You screamed that you hated me for trying to leave, that I belonged to all of you. I couldn't help but notice though that your eyes changed when you said "All of us"

I ran from you when your anger got out of control. You shoved me back into the wall and your fangs came out. I was more afraid of you then I had ever been. It scared me to see you so angry, It had only happened once before but it wasn't directed at me. Having so much unbent rage thrown at me was beyond terrifying.

I went into one of the bedrooms and grabbed for where I knew the steaks were kept for any stranger that happened across our path. I gave you fair warning that I would kill you if you turned me, You were such a prick. Not that you weren't always.

You didn't listen to a word I said and advanced on my like you would your prey. You pinned me to the wall and I plunged the silver steak into your heart. You swayed to the right and fell through the window

Now here we are outside, under the moon and stars, you dying in my arms and me dying inside. It was never meant to be. After all your a vampire and I'm just a human.

You smiled at me as if you know what I'm thinking. You always did after all. The tears that I had been trying to conceal from you spilled from my eyes as I stared at the blood pouring from your perfect mouth.

"I'm so sorry Gerard..." I whispered, no longer caring if he saw my tears.

He smiled gentling using what little strength he had to put his hand on the side of my face, wiping away my tears.

"I forgive you," He said, I knew how much is was costing him to even breath "Always know...-"

"What?"

"I love you." He whispered, tears in his own pain filled eyes,

A sob escaped my throat as I held him tighter to me "I love you to. So, So much."

"I knew it." He said with a small smirk.

I leaned down slowly and pressed my lips against his cold frozen, bloody ones.

"Goodbye my love." I whispered one last time as the life disappeared from his cold body.

I don't know how long a sat in the moonlit backyard. The icy breeze ruffled my already messy hair, bringing a seance of foreboding that couldn't make me colder then I already felt inside, The numb feeling that would never melt in the years to come. It would never go away.

"Come." said Mikey from behind me with an indifferent voice considering his brothers death "We leave Jersey tonight."
© Copyright 2008 Levinia (lady_levinia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1450849-Its-Never-To-Become