*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/145138-Keeping-Secrets
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #145138
Megan finds out a secret but she can't keep her mouth shut.
Ashley sat beside Megan and her friends in the cafeteria looking very sad.
"What's wrong?" Megan asked Ashley.
"Nothing."
"Come on. I know there's something bugging you," Megan insisted.
"There isn't anything wrong with me. So just leave me alone!"
Megan gave her friends a puzzled look. There definitely was something wrong with Ashley.
After lunchtime, Megan went to her English class. Her teacher, Mr. Worthy, assigned the class a project to do with a partner. Megan chose to work with Ashley.
As Megan worked with Ashley, she realized Ashley actually looked depressed. Like something was really bugging her.
"You know, if something is bugging you, you should talk to someone about it. It'll make you feel better," Megan told Ashley softly.
Ashley looked up at Megan. Her eyes were filling up with tears. "I feel so...bad. I feel like I caused my parents to divorce."
"You know it's not your fault. You can't cause your own parents to not love eachother anymore," Megan said.
"You're right." Ashley wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt. "Thanks for understanding."
"No problem. That's what friends are for,right?" Megan smiled.
"You're going to keep this a secret, right?" Ashley asked.
"Of course," Megan replied.


As Megan walked home from school, she felt happy that she had helped a friend.
"What are you smiling about?" asked Amanda, Megan's friend.
"Oh, I'm just happy that I have helped someone with their problem," Megan replied.
"Really? What'd you do?"
"I just told my friend, Ashely, that her parents' divorcing was not her fault-oops!" Megan realized she wasn't supposed to tell anyone. Ashley had confided in her.
"Don't tell anyone anything I just told you. I wasn't supposed to say anything."
"Megan!" someone cried.
Megan and Amanda spun around to face Ashley.
"Why did you tell? It was a secret! I trusted you!" Ashely yelled.
"I'm sorry. It just slipped out." Megan winced.
"Slipped out?! Yeah right!" Ashley was so angry she looked as if she was about to cry. "Thanks a lot Megan!" Ashley stormed pass Megan and Amanda.


"This is great! Just great!" Megan flung her arms up in fustration as she sat with her friends in the cafeteria. "Ashley's not talking to me because I told Amanda about her parents divorcing. And now we can't work on our Language project together-"
"Do you ever think before speak!" Ashley shouted. "You just told everyone my secret again! What's wrong with you?!"
Megan gulped. Why couldn't she keep her big mouth shut? Now she was making Ashley even more angry everytime she spoke!


This story will be continued in 'Keeping Secrets Part 2.' Please Rate! Hope you enjoyed this!

© Copyright 2001 Boogers (sugarbaby01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/145138-Keeping-Secrets