*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1451863-Story-of-My-Life-Ch-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Comedy · #1451863
Ch. 1 of my comedy book based on a spunky girl with unusual friends.
Author's note: Hi all! I just wanted to thank you for reading this and I really hope you all like it!  This is my first story and I'm looking for any comments that you all might have!  This is a fictional story and it's not about my life but about a girl who I've made up.  Thanks in advance for any help/comments!!! Enjoy! :D

Story of My Life

Chapter1
Cross-dressing

My name is Cassidy Marie Johnson.  People call me CJ.  I’m 17 years old and have lived with my aunt and uncle for about three years now; it has been a living hell.  The most exciting part of my day is when my best friend Chase Laurence, I call him Twiggy or some other version of that, comes over to hang out with me; we met when we were in elementary school and have been best friends ever since.  We actually have a lot of things in common; we both like the same music, movies, food, guys, and style of clothing.

Normally, we would hang out at Chase’s house but we felt like mixing things up and decided to hang out at the mall instead.  The day was awesome.  We both tried on clothes, shoes, accessories, and all sorts of other stuff.  The best part of the shopping was when we decided to cross dress.  I tried on some blue baggy shorts and a gray Parkour tee shirt while Chase tried on a hot pink skirt that went down to his knees with black trim and flowers and a black frilly shirt. 
“What do you think?” he asked as he struck a pose in front of the three-way mirror outside the dressing rooms.  He flipped his dirty blond hair out of his face and stared at me with his dark brown eyes.
“You’re missing something… I just can’t figure out what.” I put my hand to my chin and looked him up and down with my light blue eyes.  I ran an idea through my head for another minute before I walked away in search for his missing accessory.  After searching for a minute or two I located what I was looking for and rushed back to give it to him.  He put on the three-inch black stiletto heels and stood up in the mirror, trying different poses this time.  I stared at him for a moment, looking him up and down then suddenly broke into a huge grin. 
“Perfect!” I exclaimed as I clapped my hands together and jumped up and down.
He stood on the platform that was connected to the mirror and struck the sexiest pose he could think of.
“I would agree.  Now then, let’s go trolling for some guys.  I get the hunk while you can get his not so hot yet still appealing friend.”  I rolled my eyes at him and pushed him aside and took a good look at what I was wearing.  Not surprisingly, for him, he didn’t even stumble in his three-inch high heels as I moved him aside.  He’s better at walking in heels than I am.  It’s sad.
“I don’t know… that just doesn’t look right.  I can’t figure out what’s missing though!” he whined as he half circled me and examined me from head to toe. 
“I think it needs a hat…”
Twiggy’s eyes lit up as he figured out the perfect accessory for my new outfit, “I know just the one!”  He went running off in his three-inch heels, much to the surprise of everyone around us, and disappeared behind some clothes.  He came back holding a black hat with white designs and handed it to me.  I put it over my brunet hair and began to reexamine my wardrobe.
“I don’t know… it still seems to be missing something!” I sighed, “Oh well, we never find what we need to make it just right.  Let’s move on!”
“Agreed! Let’s go find those boys!” he cheered as he did his best impression of his catwalk back into the dressing rooms with his hand on his hip and head held high.
I tried to suppress my laughter as I walked back into the girls’ dressing room to change back into my normal clothes.  I failed miserably and I could hear the whispers of a group of three girls near by who saw our little show.  They thought we were crazy.  Honestly, I would agree with them whole-heartedly if I didn’t know that we were just mentally unstable.

“Twiggy, are you done in there?” I shouted into the guys changing room while half leaning in.
His voice sounded behind me, “Yup, I’m done.”  I jumped and emitted a squeak
“Good God!” I exclaim placing my hand over my rapidly beating heart, “When’d you get out here?” I demanded as he laughed.
“About thirty seconds ago.  I would have been out sooner but I had to get a photo of myself.”  He pulled out a digital camera and showed me the picture.  There he was, doing his “sexy pose” again only this time he was in a closed room with no girls to giggle at his actions.
“Sexy, very sexy.” I nodded my head as I looked at the picture.  “I think my eyes are burning.”
“Oh shut up! You know you love it!” he stated matter of factly, pouting slightly as he put away his camera.
“Right.  Moving on, let’s get some food.”  I started to walk towards the food and he followed me with a downcast look.  “You should put that as your profile picture online, it really show’s your hot abbs. ”  That cheered him up.
“I knew you liked it,” he said with a smirk.
I shrugged, “Scary skirt, hot abbs.  Can’t complain too much.”
He nodded and we continued our adventure to find the food court.  It was a long adventure.  We got distracted as we passed by the different stores, some with candy, some with CDs and movies, and some with things that scared us.  This was a very eclectic mall.
         “We’re never going to find the food court!” I groaned as I flopped down onto a bench in the hallway and put up my sore feet.
         “You just have no faith do you?” chase asked while he picked up my feet off the bench, sat down where they used to be, then placed them on his lap.
         “I’m hungry.”
         “I’ve noticed.”
         “Where’s a map when you need it?”
         “I think I saw one back at-”
I cut him off.  “I smell pizza.”
I sat up and start sniffing the air around me.
         “Go cat girl, go,” Chase teased as I stood up and started walking around.
I glared at him and pointed down the hall, “food’s that way.”
         “I love your nose.”
         “I love food.”
         “Then let’s get you your food.”
I cheered and bounded down the hall in search for the magnificent substance that is called food.  We traveled for about another minute then turned the corner and we found heaven.  I stopped and stared at the magnificent site before me.  The food court was in a round, open area with turquoise glass as a roof and the food stations lined the walls.  There was everything from Adam’s Amazing Pizza to Zach’s Barbeque and Grill.  I didn’t know where to look first.  It all looked so good.  My rumbling stomach brought me back to reality and I realized that I had to make a decision.  I also realized that Chase was already in line at a Chinese food stand and had ditched me to drool all over myself.  He’s just so kind.  I decided on the Sabaro which was next to the Chinese stand so I made my way over there, casually slapping Chase on the back of his head as I walked by.  I ignored the glare he sent my way as I passed by, a smirk planted on my face.  I ordered my food and met Chase at a near by table and we began to eat and talk.

It took us about ten minutes to eat but we kept talking for at least an hour.  In the process we managed to figure out that I was sleeping over at his house, we were going to see a movie the next day, and that a group of guys had been watching us for the past ten minutes.

“Hey Twiggles, those guys are staring at you,” I said as I subtly nodded towards the group of guys who were still glancing at our little table.  There were six of them.  The looked about our age, maybe a year or so older but it’s difficult to tell.  We weren’t sure why they kept glancing over at us.  Maybe it was my obvious lack of style and Twiggy’s obvious talent in style, I don’t know.  All I knew was that they were starting to creep me out.  Of course, right as I said that one of the guys got up and started walking over towards our table.
“Me and my big mouth…” I mumbled as I stared down at my food leftovers and started picking the crust to pieces.
“Hi, my name’s Adam,” he leaned with his right arm against the tiny table and stared at me with his green eyes.  I almost melted in my seat when our eyes met but I held myself together…somehow.  He had his back to Twiggy who was chuckling his head off at my obvious discomfort at a random guy coming and hitting on me.  I don’t do well in “hit on” situations. “My friends and I were wondering if you would like to join us later today to watch our competition.  Your friend can come too if he’d like.”
“Uh…I think my friend and I already have plans.  Right Twigster?” I leaned to the left a little and gave Twiggy a pleading look to go along with me.  He was smirking, that wasn’t a good sign.
“Actually, I don’t remember making any plans,” he said while smiling up at the newcomer.  “I don’t see why we can’t join you all.”
The new guy smiled at Twiggy before he turned back to me grinning from ear to ear.
         “Great! Then it’s settled! We’ll meet you outside the Sears entrance in the parking lot at seven!  See ya then!”  I watched as he walked back to his friends practically beaming and told his friends the “good” news.  I then turned to the grinning, and soon to be dead, boy in front of me to glare at him.  If glares could kill, he’d be six feet under by now and falling fast.
         “Nothing to do? ” I hissed at him.
         “Remember, I get the hunk, you get his not so attractive friend,” he winked at me as he grabbed his tray and walked over to the trashcan.  I sat staring at his now empty seat for a few seconds before I followed him while shaking my head.  I was still a bit angry at the lack of support on his part during my predicament, but it’s just so hard to stay mad at Twiggy.  It takes energy, which I just don’t want to expend, to stay angry with him.
         “You do realize I’m not gonna go?” I questioned him as we walked from the food court to restart our shopping.
         “You do realize we’re parked outside the Sears entrance?”
         “Are not.”
         “Are too.”
         “Are not.”
         “Are too.”
         “Damn.” I caved as I crossed my arms across my chest.  I knew it was true and unfortunately so did he.  It’s almost like he planed this!
         “So which one was the hunk and which one do I supposedly get?” I asked as we walked into another department store.
         “Oh, you get Adam.  I get the brown haired one that was still at their table.”
I paused and thought a moment, “Three of them had brown hair; which one was the hunk?”
         “The one that sat across from Adam.”
         “Oh-h-h.  Okay.”  I let the topic drop since people were staring at us…again.
         “I’m thinking of buying that hat from earlier,” I stated as I looked through the limited hat selection in front of me.
         “You better run then cuz that was the last one.”
I whipped my head around, “Say what?”
He smiled, “The.  Last.  One.  Left.” emphasizing each word.
         “Then lets run and get it now!”  I got up and ran out the department store, almost running into some familiar people.  I gracefully sidestepped the boys only to trip over my own feet and fall on my butt.
         “Smooth move Grace,” Twiggy walked over to me and helped me up.
         “Not my fault people were slowly walking into my path,” I pouted as I brushed off my back and pants.
An unfamiliar voice called over to me a couple feet away, “We know Adam hitting on you was probably inappropriate but that’s just not a good enough reason to try and run all of us over.”
I looked over and saw Adam and another boy being helped up off the floor.
My eyes went wide and I walked over to them, “I’m so sorry!  I wasn’t trying to run you all over, it just ended up like that…” I trailed off as the boy who had spoken up started grinning.
         “Hey, it’s okay.  We were just debating on who had better reflexes and you helped us answer that!”
         “Um…you’re welcome?”  I didn’t know that me running someone over would actually be beneficial to anyone but you learn something new every day.
         “Well,” Twiggy interrupted, “I’m glad my friend’s psychotic running abilities could help you all,”  I glared at him, “but we need to get going.  There’s a hat we need to buy and it’s the last one.”
         “Okay,” Twiggy’s hunk spoke up, “are we still going to see you both at seven?”
Twiggy spoke up before I could comment about an unexpected event that I had just made up, “Yup.  See you guys then!”
We waved goodbye to them and I sprinted off again.  I really wanted that hat.
© Copyright 2008 Rose Blossoms (rose_blossoms at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1451863-Story-of-My-Life-Ch-1