*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452217-Blood-Horizon
Rated: · Novel · Fantasy · #1452217
Follow one man's destiny in his attempt to find the blood horizon,amidst a raging clan war
FOREWORD
This story is a fantasy story set in the land of Taslon, where the magic is an important part of the culture and creatures that you don't see in our world roam the lands freely (excuse that corny last line). I would like to thank all the games, the anime, other books and my previous story that inspired me in this new venture.
PROLOGUE

The sky was cloudy and a slight drizzle was falling over the vast extent of the Ceratean grasslands. The wind was blowing hard, whistling and howling as it blew fiercely through the knee-high grass. Faint flashes of lightning streaked past the gray clouds. In fact it was just noon. A storm was approaching.
Yet none of that mattered to the two men standing in what appeared to be the middle of nowhere. Grass, grass and only more grass was visible stretching for miles around them. Interspersed among the grass were trees, that looked so frail that they seemed to barely cling to the ground against the wind, and these were also few and far in between. No other living thing seemed to be here, animal or plant. It was an odd sight, seeing those two stand there facing each other in such a desolate place.
What made this scene even more intriguing were their costumes. Both were clad in heavy armour, leaving as little part of their body uncovered with metal and leather clothing. Both were holding swords, raised and poised to strike. However their gait suggested otherwise. Both were standing with their feet planted straight and hunched forward - definitely not a fighting stance. Both were panting, as beads of perspiration ran down their cheeks.
"Alright", growled one of the men, "Time to finish what we started"
"Sure", said the other in a soft voice.
"Pray for a swift death", sneered the first, “This time I'll show you how a real blade master fights"
© Copyright 2008 Kate Spartan (katespartan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452217-Blood-Horizon