*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1453072-A-New-Dawn
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Experience · #1453072
Enlightenment, basically.
I'm the only person in my world. I blocked out the birds and the cold. It's late - or early, depending on how you look at it. I can taste sleep, feel its weight on my skin. I'm sitting on the back step, watching the sky lighten and feeling the breeze on my flesh. Oh, God! I'm so in love with life and the world and the people and the sky. I don't understand how everyone else is asleep - wrapped in their beds, entwined with lovers and partners and friends, lost in an unpenetrable haze. I'm on fire and dying. I'm addicted to myself like this.

  I'm free, I'm so free. To do as I please. My life hasn't even started, yet. I want to have stories, and hopes and dreams.  I love me and I love the world. I'm flying and nothing matters anymore. I'm so far away from who I was.

  I'm blood and hope and fire and desire and the stars in the sky and so is everyone else. I wish everyone could see it. Could feel like this for a few minutes. Then maybe you won't jump, or you'll put down the bottle or you'll hug your kid, and you'll understand.

  I could do anything today. Anything. I could stay in and read, greet everyone with a fry-up in a few hours, go out for breakfast, not eat, smoke, take drugs, get on a bus and go somewhere new, meet people, friends, life partners, superstars. I could do anything. Anyone can do anything. There are no rules. Fuck 'em. Throw them away. Do what YOU want, and only what you want. Don't let anything tie you down. Never. Don't become who you hate, the person yelling into a phone as they run across the street, praying a car won't hit them because they're already late for a meeting. Don't be the person who would rather stay in the office than see their spouse. Don't wish you could die.

  I wish you could be as happy as me. Just for a minute. Just so you could see.
© Copyright 2008 Mariella (larabrown08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1453072-A-New-Dawn