*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1453372-The-Storm-Approaches
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1453372
With a new kind of magic, a young girl can save the world
Prelude

-:Krystal Moonstarlin.:- The name echoed around the dimly lit chamber.

         “What?!  That slow, ugly, daughter of Orange Caster Moonstarlin?  That is impossible!  No mere Beg-Guardian is capable of being the one person who could destroy all of my…our carefully laid plans!  I have been organizing this for nearly fifteen Moon-turns!  Beg-Guardian Moonstarlin is one of the least skilled Beg-Guardians in her class.  No, you are mistaken, Mighty One.” The statement seemed to hang, echoing, in the air after it was spoken. 
The Illuminator who had uttered it stood in the center of the chamber upon a strange design engraved in the smooth stone floor.  Sparkling glimmers of light magic colored the air around him, hovering over the design in a perfect circle.  The man was shorter then most people and scrawny.  His face was hard and uncaring while his eyes glittered coldly, devote of any mercy or kindness.  His short dull brown hair was well brushed but had a faint oily look.  The dark being that had informed the man of his rival’s name stood just outside the circle of light.  The chamber outside of that circle was so dimly lit that the creature was bathed in shadow.  Thus, it was impossible to see it clearly or make out its form.  A chuckle that sent shivers of icy fear dancing down the Illuminator’s stubborn spine echoed from the thick shadows that hid the dark being. 
         -:It is you who are mistaken, Illuminator Calform.  I am never wrong, especially when it comes to you Guardians.  Scorn my advice if you will, but I say, and fully believe, that Krystal Moonstarlin will be the one to influence our downfall if she is not destroyed,:- the creature sneered and, with another fear enticing chuckle, faded into the shadows hovering around it.  The Illuminator snorted scornfully to hide his trembling. 
         “Krystal Moonstarlin will be no threat, regardless of what you think, Master Daemon.” he stated, letting the light magic protecting him fade away.  The Sun-stones in the room abruptly flared brighter as the spell dampening them faded and the Illuminator quickly left the room.  A few moments after the Illuminator had exited the room, a single shadow stirred.  An unusual form, similar to that of a tabby cat, only much larger, seemed almost too black as it flowed from a corner.  Its eyes were a warm glowing silver that reflected the bright light of the room.  Its body looked powerful and sleek, with long graceful limbs.  Oddly enough, once the cat-like form had moved the corner where it had been no longer held any shadow at all.
         -:We know some of your plans now, Daemon.  And your puppet Illuminator will find that Krystal Moonstarlin will be more of a threat than even you fathomed.  We, of course, can not interfere or forcefully influence the Guardians or the more important events of the Castle, but I will see to it that we guide and protect the one who will be your downfall.  I know how powerful and skilled Moonstarlin truly is and will become.  She will make you rue the day you tried to take control of the Light Fortress,:- the Cat-shade stated quietly to the empty chamber.
© Copyright 2008 WhiteWizard1 (kamparker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1453372-The-Storm-Approaches