*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1454085-the-Battle-of-the-Super-Nova
by arwyn
Rated: E · Short Story · War · #1454085
the spies are tracking Nova, but she will never be defeated.
At 8:07am Nova sat hiding in the closet. She had to figure the best way to get out and away without being seen. This was an arduous task, because the plan would have to be an evolving one. and she couldn't make any noise. And there were things in front of her closet door she might step on.
Her journey after this was still unclear. so much could change in such a short amount of time and she hadn't recieved comunica from anyone else. This might never end. She could be stuck in this closet reading 2 year old books for the rest of her life. The battle out, the journey away from here and the rendezvous. It could be never ending. She might never finish her jounrey. This battle could go on forever. For it was a battle between good and evil, and that didn't end. It was a never ending story.
She heard the sliding glass door open and gasped. Did they know she was here? Would they find her? Fear ached inside of her like she had never known. She waited and waited but didn't hear any other noise.
It was going to be a real risk, but she had to take it. Had to. Didn't have a choice. It was down to the wire, now, truely.
All events in her life, all planning and scheming, all mud slinging contests and vegatable hiding was only a prelude for what was about to happen. Or maybe a prolog. The clock on the wall said 8:16. Time was running out.
Nova stood up slowly. Listened with her whole body. Squeezed out the crack in her closet door. Stepped around the carnage of dead ponies on the floor. She hid behind her bookcase for a second. Listening again for any nose, anything at all. Then she ran. As fast as possible, as quiet as possible. The door was just around the corner, she could make it.
Then she heard it. The foot steps. It had been a trap.
"Nova, it's almost time to leave for school!" She run faster, maybe she could make it. And then, the worst thing happened that could have happened. Her heart almost stopped beating right then and there.
The front door opened, her father and her brother coming in. "Got both of you!" He exclaimed.
Ambush. Of course. Why hadn't she known?!
Truely this was the end. What cruel fate had kissed them?! Both caught by spies, to be turned over to the place of suffering. Both so close to the sweet taste of liberty and freedom only to again taste the agony of defeat and fascism.
"This world isn't good enough for us!" she yelled as her mother came up behind her with a backpack.

In the second grade class she sat staring at the door. This prison had to have a way out. And she would find it. They could chain her, but they could not chain her spirit. She could wait. and she could beat them, yet.
© Copyright 2008 arwyn (arwynfox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1454085-the-Battle-of-the-Super-Nova