*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1455232-Turning-You-Pt-1-A-Devoted-Friend
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1455232
All of a sudden...I lunged at you without thinking...and then...I turned you...Kasumi.
(This is kind of a Twilight and Naruto mix...with some OC characters of my own. I don't own Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer, and I don't own Naruto created by Masashi Kishimoto.)

Kasumi...

         There was nothing I could do, not now, after I've done something I should have never done...
         The deed was done. You laid there, writhing on the forest floor. You probably were blaming me - after all, I deserved it, for turning you.
         For hurting you.
         I wanted to run - run away from what I'd done to you. But there was no escape. Your face would haunt my dreams anyway. I couldn't go anywhere, paralyzed by the fate that I'd brought on myself...brought on you.
         I turned you.
         I turned you into what I am.
         "K-Kiwi...w-what did you do?!"
         Your voice came like a blaring siren, distracting me from my thoughts. I looked at you, my eyes fogged with the clouds of depression.
         "I-I can't believe I just did what I did..." I said, looking down.
         You looked at me, still in pain, begging me for answers, "What did...you do?!"
         "I turned you," I whispered, "Into what I am..."
         I was suddenly glad that you could hear every racing thought in my head; that you knew what those three simple words meant...
         I gave you one final gaze. I couldn't leave you like this...but the urge was just too much.
         "I'm sorry, Kasumi," I apologized quickly, darting off.
         You looked at me, tears in your purple eyes as I ran, my dark green hair fleeting behind me. "Kiwi!" You called weakly after me.
         I didn't want to answer. Truthfully, I couldn't answer.
         I had just done the worst thing I could possibly do. The only thing I could do now is wait...
         Wait those three days for you to become what I was.
         A vampire.
         
         Three days came and passed. And sure enough, you came looking for me. I was suprised that I hadn't been chased down and killed by your werewolf boyfriend, Uchiha Sasuke. I thought that maybe Lucillia would come looking for me.
         No one came.
         No one cared, I assumed.
         It was true, written out for me in stone.
         No one cared.
         "Over here," I heard your voice call.
         I had no will to run left in my soul, when I heard you. You must have been a few paces away. And I saw you. I saw you walk out of the underbrush, and stare at me.
         "Kiwi..." you said in that beautiful voice, "Why did you run away?"
         I froze at that moment, not knowing why. I looked at the forest floor, expecting her to burst into tears and run away, or for her to charge at me and end my two-thousand-and-seven year life.
         "I...hurt you," I choked out.
         You looked at me, your head cocked in that sideways expression. "What do you mean, you've hurt me? I'm not hurt..."
         "Now," I replied, "But three days ago, you were...and not just because I bit you...because of what I am...
         "I never condoned our friendship," I admitted, "I thought that I was better off seperate from the world. Even in kindergarten, you said that no one deserves to be alone. I believed you. I started to develop an undying thirst...for you. You smelled delectable, and every moment, you were just this," I gestured with my fingers, "close to me...and now...I've done this...I've hurt you...irreversably. Not only have I hurt you...I've condemned you."
         "Condemned me?" You asked me, in that soft voice.
         "Yes," I answered in my tortured one, "To an eternal, sleepless day...I've been living since 1 AD..."
         "1 AD?" You asked me.
         "1 AD," I confirmed, "I barely escaped the riots...I've been everywhere, there isn't one place I haven't seen on this earth...I even lived underwater, at a time..."
         "Underwater?" You seemed clearly fascinated.
         I chuckled at your childlike wonder, "Yes, underwater. It was a hard time...the Dark Ages, I'll never forget those long years..."
         Suddenly, everyone else came running in: Suigetsu, Gaara, Lucillia and Deidara.
         "Are you okay?" Gaara asked.
         "I'm fine." I replied.
         "Don't run away like that again!" Lucillia warned me.
         I smiled, "I won't."
         This smile was forced, and transparant...I was never happy, never truly happy, not after you, Gaara, Lucillia or the thousands of other lives I've lived. I've changed names, avoided people, and never really had friends...who I could trust...
         I could not trust. Moreover, I could not trust you. And that hurt me.
         It hurt me, so badly...
         The rest of the day was a blur - they had just gotten me back to campus to go to class, in which Sasuke had eyed me with a dark glare...but I knew why...I had turned his girlfriend...and he was a werewolf.

         That night, I pretended to sleep. I was too depressed to hunt, and every time the forbidden urge took me over, providing a pleasant adrenaline, the only memory left after I bit into the usual deer was your face. Your pained, broken face, holding the wound on your neck, after I'd betrayed you.
         Instinct nagged me, in the comfort of my bed. I stared up at the ceiling, as it poked and prodded at me.
         It was slithering into my ear...taunting me...telling me how it was my purpose...
         To be feared. To be notorious.
         Almost everyone knew about me - and soon they'd know about you. They knew what I was, knew what I'd done to get the Uchiha Clan's werewolves mad at me...
         Before the Uchiha Clan was killed, I went in their territory and turned Sasuke's grandmother, in 1907. I remember it like it was yesterday...
         With my catlike stride, I tiptoed in the window, pulling it up. Instinct encouraged me, filling me up with that familiar adrenaline. When I got right next to her, her smell wafted into my nose. I could feel her heartbeat pounding in my head. I felt instinct telling me to do it...
         So, I did. I bit into her flesh, drinking the creamy taste of her blood. I jumped up, as her eyes popped open, and she looked at me with soft, young eyes. She stared me down, and spoke in a small voice. "Y-you're the ancient vampire..."
         She held her wound. I was suprised I didn't merge her face with yours.
         I stared at her, just as she stared at me, with our matched expressions. I began backing away to whence I came, afraid that I had made eternal emnity between the Uchiha Clan and I...

         I had.
         
         The light of the dawn streamed into the window.
         It was morning.
         My memory had overtook me into a sleeplike gaze into the ceiling. I sighed, getting up, ritually walking to my vanity. My hair was basically neat, so I brushed it, staring into the silver pool of the mirror blankly. I looked into my limp green eyes and sighed. They, sadly, reminded me of yours. I looked at the pictures, littering the frame of the mirror on my vanity. They were of you and I, Gaara and I, Lucillia and I...all the people I'd betrayed by turning you.
         I jumped into the shower, the warm water pouring on my stone body. After this, I dried myself, throwing on some clothes. I didn't care if they matched, as I stepped out into the halls of the dormitory of Central University of Konoha.
         Your dorm was next to mine, on the right side, and your door was closed. You must have been sleeping. Lucillia's dorm, on the left side of mine, however, was open. I took this as my chance to walk in. You were there, crying into Lucillia's shoulder. Lucillia held you close, as you wept.
         "Was it me?" I asked in a small voice.
         You both turned to me. You jumped out of Lucillia's arms and ran to me, hugging me. I was taken aback by your reaction. I thought that maybe you'd scream at me, or hurt me, just like I was treated for my whole life...
         "Kiwi...why?" You asked again, "Why did you run away?"
         "Because I couldn't take the pain...of doing something I shouldn'tve done." I answered truthfully.
         You looked at me, your eyes turning to a bluish purple. I couldn't help but think that I was the blue in your happy purple eyes - that I was your sadness and depression...
         "Kiwi, you're not any of that," you said, reading my mind.
         I looked at you, "Really, Kasumi?"
         You smiled. "Really..."
         But how did I know that wasn't a lie? My limp green eyes turned to a pallid black in response. You saw them, your eyes changing to a dark grey. I'd done it. I'd made you depressed. Just with one look, I'd done it...
         I pulled myself out of your arms, darting out of the dorm, and darting out of your life...
         That is what I wanted to do...
                And that is what I had done...

         
© Copyright 2008 Tsubasa (kiwicream99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1455232-Turning-You-Pt-1-A-Devoted-Friend