*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1456464-Starting-Out
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1456464
When a person goes out and faces the world alone for the first time.
It was an early Monday morning. I woke up excited and prepared myself.

Why did I wake up this early? I'm supposed to play around the house as usual.

Oh yeah... It's my first day of school...

I went down to eat my breakfast. My mom was already downstairs cooking. She was surprised that I was early that day. I usually wake up when my parents are gone and off to work.

I've been waiting for this day ever since I see my brother and sister go to school. They will always be gone in the morning and will return at noontime.

I'm thrilled. I get to go now too.

A little later, my brother and sister also went down to eat breakfast. Same as mom, they were surprised that I'm there already.

After eating, I took a bath and brushed my teeth, dressed up and waited for mom to get ready too. She is the one who will take me to school.

Even though I'm earlier than my other siblings, They went off first since they have a school service. I'm too anxious and at the same time excited that my stomach felt funny in some way.

After some time later, My mom was ready too. We both said goodbye to dad who just awoke in the bed.

It's time...

On the way to school, Mom told me what and not what to do while at school. I haven't really listened and nodded along.

I'm just a kid, my attention span to long discussions isn't that developed yet.

The only essence i grasped on that moment was to... "Always be good, and listen to your teacher."

About thirty minutes later, We have arrived at my school.

There are a lot of students in sight. Some are in big in groups, some are in small ones... And there are others who are alone.

I wondered how they knew each other, It's the first day. I asked mom and said they are in a higher level, and I would get to know my classmates too and bond like those other students.

In my mind, I figured out what my first... um what they call 'assignment'... It's to get to know my classmates.
© Copyright 2008 kaisermark (kaiser_mark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1456464-Starting-Out