*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/145677-Our-Blessings
by Kings
Rated: E · Short Story · Opinion · #145677
We must count our blessings and thank the Lord


one day I was feeling very depressed so I went for a ride in my car. I needed something from the grocery store so I stopped at a carry out.

I found what I came for and went to be checked out. Two boys were in the line a head of me about age eight. They paid for their candy and went outside. I got checked through and followed behind them.

They were talking to each other about how much money they had left. So I stopped for a moment to talk to them. One of the boys looked up at me his face was scared real bad. I guess from some type of fire his eye brows were gone and part of his hair.

Suddenly I was no longer depressed. I thought this young boy is not depressed he certainly had a reason to be. So I guess my guilt took over and I gave each of them a dollar. They were so happy for the money and thanked me.

Why is it when we are depressed something like that will change our mood? We think things are so bad with us until we see other peoples burdens. If I had not been depressed that day I seen this boy. I would not have felt so much guilt inside of me.

The Lord gives each of us a row to hoe it is up to us how clean and straight it stays. At one time or the other we all have failed to count our blessing that is human nature. Each one of our moods swings differently. Our conscience is there to guide us and show us the right way. we must follow our conscience feelings to stay in the Lords' presence.

BY: Kings
© Copyright 2001 Kings (tazzy1228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/145677-Our-Blessings