*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1456827-RatDogs-Cure-for-the-Water-Shortage
by RatDog
Rated: 13+ · Article · Environment · #1456827
Two easy steps for water conservation
RatDog's Cure for the Water Shortage

Seems like lately I keep seeing more and more articles in the press about cities trying to deal with water shortages (LA & Atlanta, just to name a few). Some folks say it's due to the higher temperatutes from global warming (less rain, melting snow packs, whatever). That may or may not be the case, but one thing is for sure, every year this old world turns around the population increases. And simple logic says that more people means more need for more resources.

I'll be addressing the need for more energy and more housing and how to fix those problems in my upcoming articles, if any of you are interested. But for now, I'm gonna focus on the need for more water.

First of all, the tree hugging environmentalists are gonna tell you that you gotta conserve all the water you've got. Take showers and wash your clothes only once a week (gross!) or put those shutoff valves on your showers that only run the water when you're actually washing or rinsing yourself (cold!). That's admirable, but a more practical option would be to put in a dual drainage system that lets you use your "grey water" (all your drain water except what comes from your toilet) for watering your yard/ garden. That way, you can have water to wash your clothes, get yourself good and clean at the end of the day, and still water the lawn and the tomatoes at the same time!

Next is the toilet, and this is where the BIG WATER SAVING comes in! Most of us guys (especially when you count beers) drink more than our ladies do. Any commercial place of business knows this (Bars, restaurants, work places, etc), and they have urinals to accomodate our needs. A urinal uses much less per flush than a toilet, (they even make waterless urinals for places that have severe droughts), SO WHY DON'T THE BATHROOMS IN OUR HOMES HAVE URINALS IN THEM!?

Think about it, guys. Wouln't you like to be able to stand up and piss in a urinal, rather than worry about missing with your aim (especially if you've had a few) and have your wife or girlfriend bitch at you because you got the seat wet?

If so, next time you're at your local Lowe's or Home Depot, ask them how come they don't have any urinals up there next to the Kohler & American Standard thrones? Maybe if enough of us ask they'll start stocking them, and next time we remodel our bathrooms we'll be able to install a urinal alongside the toilet. And then, free at last, we'll be able to stand up and piss with pride in our own homes. And we'll know, as patriotic American men, we are doing our part to help the water shortage.

- RatDog
© Copyright 2008 RatDog (cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1456827-RatDogs-Cure-for-the-Water-Shortage