*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457029-Prologue-Ruins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Priya
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1457029
Dreams always reveal the truth.
As the winding road curved right, the black palace of Velkrem came into view. Or at least what was left of it. Towers had crumbled, windows had shattered, the black marble had cracked and there were ashes everywhere. Ashes of the Drakul's. Ashes of the Armand's. Ashes of the undead.

Velkrem was a city in the barrens of Russia, hidden from all civilization so that the ruling class could always be sound in the world of the undead. The rulers were the ones who controlled order in the world, set the rules, and banished those who broke them. They were ever watchful. Made up of two ancient royal families, these blood ties created order in the world. Until just recently.

These two families were ancient it two different ways. While they both were of the ancient ties, one was modern while the other traditional. And this is where the problem started. One had believed in the sanctity of life while the other murdered life for their need. Although these beliefs had been present since the beginning, the families only started murdering one another just recently. Then it turned into a full fledged war which ended in this. Death, destruction, and utter ruination.

The scene changed and now the same view from a nearby hill. Not only was the palace in ruins, so was the entire city. Velkrem had burned to the ground and so had its inhabitants, in an entirely different way. The feud had suddenly ignited after centuries of laying low, the cause, nobody knew.

A pair of glazed purple eyes stared down at what used to be the most powerful city in the entire world. A city which controlled the unknowing governments in every major country. A city which was now in ruins, an event which put the entire world of vampires into chaos.
© Copyright 2008 Priya (priya219 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457029-Prologue-Ruins