*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457449-The-Night-I-Fell-In-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1457449
This is about a young girl who fell in love at church.
The Night I Fell In Love

It was December 27th 2007, and I was sat in the train station with my cousins family. There was me, my younger cousin's Stefan and Leon and my Auntie Dawn. We was all on our way to London, to where i am living now. I was very excited to be coming back to live in London after a very long time of living in Leeds.
The journey on the train seemed very long, and everybody was getting tired and restless. When the train pulled up at our stop, we was all so glad to be getting off, feeling the cold, sweet breeze brushing passed our faces, and sweeping through our hair. I still wasn't as happy as i was before i got on the first train, due to the fact we had to get a couple more trains to get to the area we wanted to be in. We was at Kings Cross Station, but we had to take two or three more trains to reach Catford. We had all caught the last train in time and even though i was very tired and aching all over i was still happy that i was going to be in Catford again.
It was really dark when the train pulled up into Catford Station for passengers like myself to get off. I was very tired, more then i ever imagined, i couldn't stop yawning and neither could my family that i travelled with. It took us all 15 minutes to walk from the station to my Nans house, dragging our luggage across the dirty, rough pavement. When we all got in and settled down as our Nan (my Auntie's Mother) greeted us all in, we all decided to take a walk to the Church that was only round the corner from the house. The walk didn't take more than 5 minutes. As soon as me, and my two cousin's Stefan and Leon turned the corner, we heard the loud, sweet, Godly music coming from the open doors.
The cinema was half full, but i stayed in the back room by myself as i didn't want to be talking to anybody that day. After Church was over everyone inside  the church gathered up in huddles to chat to one another. Even my cousins had joined gone off 2 join a group of friends. I excluded myself from everyone, sitting on the bench outside church. Laughter and preaching was coming from every direction, but i just sat still, on my own on the bench minding my own business.
Suddenly somebody came and sat beside me, i didn't look to see who it was, i just focused on the driving and reversing cars, that were going in all directions on the main road infront of me. "What are you sat here all by youself for" the guy asked me, with a quick glance look at him i replied
"waiting for a phone call"
"ok, ok so you going to come inside then, its starting to rain and im not looking forward to getting my hair wet" he answered back.
"no i'll come in later on" i said to the guy this time glancing at his glowing, crystal brown eyes. We spent a little longer talking about basic things like, whats your name, where do u live, what you doing tomorrow and other little teenager talks, but i really enjoyed it and so did he.
He sat outside with me, not moving until i got up, and that was as soon as i had to go home. Before we both went our seperate ways we had each exchanged numbers, gave eachother a hug and a smile and waved goodbye. I went home with my heart racing in my chest and what felt like butterflies wrestling in my stomach. At that time i knew i was falling in love with Levi outside Church.


By Anina Sutherland
© Copyright 2008 Nemo_baby (nemo_baby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457449-The-Night-I-Fell-In-Love