*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457576-Rain
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Clare
Rated: E · Other · Nature · #1457576
the beauty of earth, the seasons and the feelings
Quietly, the rain comes down, soaking into the ground. The skies are grey and heavy, yet it seems quite light outside. The rain pours down slowly as if to mock the ground it falls on. There are some days when the rain brings peace to the city. It quiets down the hustle and bustle of the city, on time, never too early or to late, always on time. People say they don’t like the rain, but I know they do, ‘cause they all seem calm and at peace when it rains like today.  I call it, the “be still and listen” rain. The type of rain that makes you notice things, rain that gives you enough time to look at, and appreciate the different colours of the sky, and the trees. Rain that shows you silently, how well put together everything really is, beautiful and perfect in its own special design. The rain brings out the shape and colour from statuettes that were seemingly invisible when the son shone its brightest beams on it. The grotesque, grey, colourless bush, which grows on the side of the road, today looks beautiful, blending into the ambiance of the whole picture. 
Rain is needed. Rain is anticipated, by all living things.
The earth welcomes the rain and shows her appreciation for it by growing the most magnificent flowers and trees. She creates the most beautiful rivers to carry the rain to the ocean, where the rain can come again, and again and again.
We need the rain, for without it we cannot breathe, without it we cannot eat, without it we cannot see the beauty of our planet.
Though we need the rain we don’t appreciate its power, and from time to time we are starved from it to make us realize that without it we cannot survive. Love the rain embrace it, thank it for coming on time every time….,
© Copyright 2008 Clare (ellenchemaly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457576-Rain