*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457980-What-is-love
by Pie
Rated: E · Draft · Romance/Love · #1457980
My first story ever written. It's still the first few paragraphs, I'm working on it.
    The cacophony of bells disrupted what would’ve otherwise been a peaceful silence. It was still early in the morning, far too early for students to willingly drag their bodies to school. Autumn has just settled in subtly, as the heat of the summer gradually diminished, the layers of clothes thickened and the childish yet jovial melody of ice-cream trucks left only echoes. There would be no selling of frozen beverages now. As a single leaf detached itself from a branch, abandoning the other leaves, it floated slowly and carelessly upon the streets. And soon, many more followed it’s lead. That leaf would be known as the first leaf to have fallen that autumn. But the harsh reality is that humans couldn’t have cared less about this small fact. Many unknowingly stepped on this particular leaf, printing ugly and distinctive marks while they chatted, oblivious of what they’ve just done. Because in reality, even if you may think the world is large, phenomenal and limitless. For an individual, their world is narrow, restricted and only revolves around themselves. Selfish as this may be, each human being is more or less so.
    One would think that in a world as vast as ours, an individual would be of little significance. But that would be a false assumption. For an existence of a single organism could quite simply mean the world to another. If we were to forcefully tear away all those insignificant beings whom other beings have cherished dearly, the world would be nothing but fragments, each overwhelmed with pain and loss. The world itself, would be broken.
© Copyright 2008 Pie (happipie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457980-What-is-love